download build 595

Postby stan » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:25 am

[quote=Maryland]
Hi Stan, sent the error log file after update. Actually sent two emails, first one I forgot to insert log file :red: still no go. Maybe I should try and download another copy. You tell me.
[/quote]

according to your error log it's same problem as before. i'll continue working on this and let you know

just a thought - try deleting user.properties file your lottery dir but email me that file first please.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:03 am

Email sent and problem solved after deleting user.properties file :-D
Maryland

Build 600 is available

Postby stan » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:34 pm

new features in build 600:

* print and export buttons in the wn history sums filter
* new wn history simulation window available from test menu.

the new simulation feature is similar to the simulation in wn history differences window:
- you can select either random tickets or full set of tickets that will simulate a draw. optionally you can also choose a filter for the simulated tickets.
the table then shows simulation results for all columns at once.
- column sum shows current values for the selected winning numbers range.
- simulation column indicates whether the value is more likely to increase or decrease
- % column show the probability of increase/decrese, i.e. how many simulation led to increase or decrease of the sum value. so if column simulation shows value increase and % column shows value 53% then there's 53% probability that the value will increase. value decrease and 64% means there's 64% chance of decreasing sum. (note the difference from the history differences tab where the numeric percentage value always shows the probability of decrease)
- avg is the average value from all simulations
- diff is the differences between average and current value (sum column)
- min and max are the minimum and maximum values respectively
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:32 pm

Stan, that bug still shows up. For now I just delete the user.properties file to use the filter. Once the filter is used the bug shows the second time you try to use the filter.
Maryland

Postby stan » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:47 pm

[quote=Maryland]
Stan, that bug still shows up. For now I just delete the user.properties file to use the filter. Once the filter is used the bug shows the second time you try to use the filter.
[/quote]

yes, i'm aware of that. i'm still working on this. there were only new features in the latest build, no bugfixes.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:50 am

[quote=stan:1122720420]
[quote=Maryland]
[/quote]

yes, i'm aware of that. i'm still working on this. there were only new features in the latest build, no bugfixes.
[/quote]

Any news on a fix?
Maryland

Build 602 is available

Postby stan » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:37 pm

new build is available for download from this location:

http://www.expertlotto.com/files/previe ... tlotto.jar

* it's possible to calculate filter statistics for tickets in the package
* the wn history simulation has moved to itw own tab in the wn history page
* it's possible to calculate wn history simulation for tickets package
* there are some new columns in the wn history simulation
- min/sums/ - shows your min estimates from the sums chart made by the range tool (drag the black dashed line with your mouse)
- max/sums/ - shows your max estimates from the sums chart made by the range tool (drag the black dashed line with your mouse)
- min/diffs/ - shows your min estimates from the differences chart made by the range tool (it's the current sum value - the second column in this table plus your estimated difference)
- max/diffs/ - shows your max estimates from the differences chart made by the range tool (it's the current sum value - the second column in this table plus your estimated difference)
- notes - type your notes here. useful when printing this table or comparing with other wn history functions

* there's a new (optional) print options window that pops up when printing any table where you can change the default print scale, page header etc

maryland - i wasn't able to reproduce the error even with your user.properties file. but i changed the random selection filter window to use spinner input fields. so hopefully it'll fix your problem.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:22 pm

now there's build 604 - only cosmetic changes to the new user interface
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:18 am

I think you may have it straightened out Stan ;-)
Maryland

Build 605 is available

Postby stan » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:03 pm

new build is ready with the following new features:

* new options step size in the ticket generator window. this option is available only when option 'generate maximum number of tickets' is set and allows to generate every Nth ticket only. very handy for keno lotteries. using step size 100000 for a regular 20/80 keno lottery will decrease the total number of combinations to a few milions while keeping number stats even. note: this option is not working for powerball lotteries yet.
* new options highlight xx latest draws in the popup menu in visual ticket tables. the options highlight all numbers from the last xx draws. the xx settings come from the wn stats table.
* there's a new column 'stddev' in the summary table in wn history page. its value is the standard deviation of all differences for columns 0 to -10 in a given row. there's also a chart for this new column.
* the wn history simulation table now includes stddev column that shows the standard deviation for all simulated differences.
* the simulation table has a new option to set the tolerance for matching chart estimates with the calculated average value.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Build 607 is available

Postby stan » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:01 pm

a new build is available with the following updates:

* the ticket generator step now works correctly for powerball lotteries
* the highlighting of latest draws in visual tables (package and wn) is more flexible now
* it's possible to use tickets from the package in the simulation ticket edit fields in the wn history page
* there's a new wn history filter that checks the standard deviation of differences in columns 0 to -10 - see the new column in the summary table in the wn history page.
* there's a new coverage filter 'best tickets'. it compares all tickets in the pacakge with each other and can select xx best performing tickets. the tickets left in the package after filtration match the most of the removed tickets. this filter is targeted for situation when the package contains too many tickets after applying wn history filters and you are "sure" your estimates are correct. this filter should produce a small set of tickets that maximize the winnings of lower prizes. note: this filter is experimental and may be removed in the final version.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Trust » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:52 am

Hi!
It seems to be a minor bug in the latest beta regarding the visual package
window.If i use the redo or undo function -any numbers in the number
pad switch to some old numbers.Same thing happens if i use any filter,
i have to clear and reenter the numbers.

- min/sums/ - shows your min estimates from the sums chart made by the range tool (drag the black dashed line with your mouse)
- max/sums/ - shows your max estimates from the sums chart made by the range tool (drag the black dashed line with your mouse)
- min/diffs/ - shows your min estimates from the differences chart made by the range tool (it's the current sum value - the second column in this table plus your estimated difference)
- max/diffs/ - shows your max estimates from the differences chart made by the range tool (it's the current sum value - the second column in this table plus your estimated difference)

For some reason none of these values show up after doing a simulation-(n/a) ?
Trust

Postby stan » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:05 am

[quote=Trust]
i use the redo or undo function -any numbers in the number
pad switch to some old numbers.
number pad? is it the ticket panel??

[/quote]
switch to chart window, make an estimate with your mouse (drag any of the two black dashed line) and the value represented by the position of the black line will appear in the simulation table. then you can compare this estimate with simulated avg/min/max values
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Trust » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:02 pm

switch to chart window, make an estimate with your mouse (drag any of the two black dashed line) and the value represented by the position of the black line will appear in the simulation table. then you can compare this estimate with simulated avg/min/max values

OK-BTW the "bug" was a false alarm ,disappeared after deleting the
user.log
Trust

Postby stan » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:59 am

ok

it'll be at least a couple of days before i post a new build as had a problem with my hard disk recently and i'm in the process of reinstalling all of my applications :-/

(no important data were lost though:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to BETA versions