triplets and quads statistics

triplets and quads statistics

Postby stan » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:45 am

hi all,

i need some input from you on the triplets and quads statistics table.
there's over 15 thousands triplets and over 200 thousands quads in a regular 6/49 lottery. in keno lottery (10/80) there are 82 thousands triplets and over 1.5 million quads.

from the technical point of view it can be implemented without any problems, it's the same code as for ticket numbers or odd/even numbers (the only issue is the memory consumption that would be very large for quads).

what concerns me most is how usable these tables would be. there are only about 20 triplets that haven't been drawn yet in our czech lottery 'sportka'...

would it make more sense to show only e.g. 100 or 1000 most frequent triplets/quads?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby maroc » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:29 pm

Hi,
I think you should warn the user with a pop up window telling hwo long
it take to build the list and how many bites it will take to show triplets or quads.Then if the user choose to do more than 53 draws for 6/49 (ex)
it's at their risk if the computer frooz.
maroc

Postby maroc » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:47 pm

May be if you let the user choose 1 number and EL show the quuad,triplet and couple that they been drawin just with that number and time they been out ....
maroc

Postby stan » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:50 pm

[quote=maroc]
Hi,
I think you should warn the user with a pop up window telling hwo long
it take to build the list and how many bites it will take to show triplets or quads.Then if the user choose to do more than 53 draws for 6/49 (ex)
it's at their risk if the computer frooz.
[/quote]

actually it doesn't matter how many draws the user select in the wn selection panel. if he/she selects one draw only i still have to display that there are 20 triplets with occurrence value '1' and over 15 thousand triplets with occurrence '0'.

so the question is: should the triplets table display all possible combinations of three numbers so that you can find out that your 'favorite' triplet e.g. 23,31,48 appears two times in the last 100 wn draws or is it enough to display only the first e.g. 300 triplets that can be found most frequently in the winning numbers draws?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby maroc » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:54 pm

Hi,

the most frequently in the winning numbers draws.
what other users think~
maroc

Postby hexagonvex » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:03 pm

Hi,

Well I'm one of those who would play those that have not been drawn yet.
but to be honest i wouldn't play triplets or quads....only up to pairs....more than that is not that reasonable. Just my opinion.

Because if you play triplets that have not been drawn yet you can wait a very long time until they are drawn...this can mean years! :vogel:

Greets

P.S. triplets and quads are statistically interesting to see...as a gimmick...but it would not influence my gameplay....so no real added value there for me.
hexagonvex

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:03 am

Hi all
I must say I agree with Hexagonvex, I very rarely play or follow triplets,or quads.

Postby stan » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:15 am

well, the triplets table is there already so let me know what you think.

thanks for all your comments so far.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:24 am

I use trips and pairs as keys in wheels. I don't care myself which ones haven't but which ones have hit in the last whatever games I choose. I use statistics page, find a pattern of trips repeating and go from there (to another program and find what trips hit) in the last whatever games. Listing all trips or pairs for a 5/39 game is of no use to me if it eats up memory. I need whats hitting recently.
Maryland

Postby stan » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:27 am

[quote=Maryland]
I use trips and pairs as keys in wheels. I don't care myself which ones haven't but which ones have hit in the last whatever games I choose. I use statistics page, find a pattern of trips repeating and go from there (to another program and find what trips hit) in the last whatever games. Listing all trips or pairs for a 5/39 game is of no use to me if it eats up memory. I need whats hitting recently.
[/quote]

i think the new table should work for you. you can find the most frequent triplets in e.g. the last 10 draws.
let me know if you think something more is needed
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:30 am

[quote=stan]
well, the triplets table is there already so let me know what you think.

thanks for all your comments so far.
[/quote]

I don't see a triplets table Stan, I have build 620. Is there a more recent build I missed?
Maryland

Postby stan » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:33 am

[quote=Maryland]
I don't see a triplets table Stan, I have build 620. Is there a more recent build I missed?
[/quote]

yes, the latest build is 624

(follow the thread labelled 'download build 595' where post info on new builds)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:37 am

Got it and will check it out. Thanks! Hmm wonder why it didn't show up as a new post.
Maryland

New pairs table

Postby hexagonvex » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:09 pm

Hi Stan,

I just downloaded build 624 and took a look at the new pairs table. Just one question since I can't retrace the way you do it:

How do you calculate the % column? I mean what is tha total number you calculate against? Is it the total of winning numbers...or the total of possible pairs or the total of pairs that have at least been drawn once?

Just a little curious... :-D

Greetings

P.S. The stats section looks a good deal "cleaner" now. Congratulations.
hexagonvex

Postby stan » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:28 pm

[quote=hexagonvex]
How do you calculate the % column? I mean what is tha total number you calculate against? Is it the total of winning numbers...or the total of possible pairs or the total of pairs that have at least been drawn once?
[/quote]

% = "(value in the occurrence column) divided by (the sum of values in occurrences column)"
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Next

Return to BETA versions