How to download and install the latest beta version

How to download and install the latest beta version

Postby stan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:20 pm

* first you have to download and install expert lotto free edition (if you haven't done so already)

* download updated application library from this location: http://www.expertlotto.com/files/preview/expertlotto.jar

* i recommend to copy the link above to your browser and choose 'save as' to save the file on your disk. sometimes the operating system may confuse it with a zip archive and change the file extension from .jar to .zip. so make sure that saved file name is expertlotto.jar. do not attempt to unpack the content of the downloaded file

* close expert lotto if it is running

* copy or move the saved file to expert lotto installation folder to replace the current expert lotto version. the target folder location on ms windows operating systems is usually c:program filesexpertlottolib

* start expert lotto and choose menu 'help - about' to open the about box. it should read that the application version is 4.1.2 and build number is 734 or higher.

see also this video demonstrating BETA version upgrade:
http://www.expertlotto.com/files/video/ ... grade.html
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Possible misalignment...

Postby Alcymart » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:51 pm

Were you aware that the Ticket position button is misaligned since a few builds ago?
Alcymart

Postby stan » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:56 pm

[quote=Alcymart]
Were you aware that the Ticket position button is misaligned since a few builds ago?
[/quote]

which button is that?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Ticket position button

Postby Alcymart » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:06 pm

It's in the "ticket positions" stats where we choose via button the position we want it to show stats for. The button itself is half way hidden behind the stats since a few builds. It was ok before I updated to a new build. The button is still useable since I can click on the part I can see but thought I would let you know.
Alcymart

Just a sec...

Postby Alcymart » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:08 pm

I noticed that this happens when I am not in full screen mode. I go full screen, it's ok.
Alcymart

Postby Maryland » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:10 pm

Mine does it too but only when you minimize the window, no big deal to me right now.
Maryland

Postby stan » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:23 am

i see, it's actually a bug in java runtime but there's a fix for it.
everybody, please report even these minor annoyances. i may not fix them right away but at least i'll know about them as i usually run expert lotto in high resolution...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Hmmm....

Postby Alcymart » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:09 am

Really? Install new build in the /lib folder?? I think you meant in the main program folder...
Alcymart

Postby stan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:28 am

[quote=Alcymart]
Really? Install new build in the /lib folder?? I think you meant in the main program folder...
[/quote]

sorry??
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

That's ok...

Postby Alcymart » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:37 am

That's ok, however could you remove the /lib in the top posting you made. Members come here to check how to install new builds. It will prevent you getting support emails about this when they see it doesn't work. Like I posted in another thread, there should be download pages for new builds and plugins in the a beta release download section of the website if such a place existed. You can add instructions there on how to install new builds or plugins.
Alcymart

Postby stan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:22 pm

i don't see any issue in my original post - it describes how to update an existing expert lotto installation to the latest beta version build.

there's a separate set of instructions how to make a brand new installation at our web site and there are also instructions for plugin installation.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Alcymart » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:07 pm

Then there is a bug because if we put new build files in the /lib folder, it doesn't update to the new build when restarting Expert Lotto. To work, I had to put files in the main folder which is C:program filesExpert Lotto
Alcymart

Postby stan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:26 pm

hmm, it shouldn't work that way. are you sure you have the latest build number? (see 'about' window in the help menu)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Alcymart » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:45 pm

Yes I have build 807 but only after installing in the main folder. In the /lib folder the build was not updated. If the code in the main application is supposed to read the /lib folder first, it doesn't.
Alcymart

Postby stan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:55 pm

[quote=Alcymart]
Yes I have build 807 but only after installing in the main folder. In the /lib folder the build was not updated. If the code in the main application is supposed to read the /lib folder first, it doesn't.
[/quote]

can you do me a favor pls? pls add the content of your expert lotto installation folder into a zip file (without the data folder) and email to me. i'll have a look what's wrong.

anybody else who has to install beta versions builds this way?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Next

Return to BETA versions