new BETA version page

new BETA version page

Postby stan » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:40 pm

there's a new BETA version page that has download link for all the latest plugins and expert lotto library builds:

http://www.expertlotto.com/en/download/beta.htm

you'll find a couple of new plugins there as well (announcers, first/last digits, pentads/quads etc)

i've also uploaded a new expert lotto build - 816
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Quads Plugin

Postby kdsjeter » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:19 pm

Hi Stan,

I tried installing this Quads plugin but no quad stat appears in statistics. I installed build 816 without problem.

Using the manual method it say the extension should be .plugin, although the download is .zip which I changed to .jar. It says the plugin was successfully installed, but no worky.

Can you help?
kdsjeter

Postby stan » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:34 pm

[quote=kdsjeter]
I tried installing this Quads plugin but no quad stat appears in statistics. I installed build 816 without problem.

Using the manual method it say the extension should be .plugin, although the download is .zip which I changed to .jar. It says the plugin was successfully installed, but no worky.
[/quote]
delete the current file, download again and make sure the extension is *.plugin* - expert lotto will install the plugin automatically on restart
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

That's great!

Postby Alcymart » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:32 pm

Finally a unique link to get the latest build and all the beta plug-ins. We are all very happy now. Thanks a million Stan!
Alcymart

Postby Red Devil » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:24 pm

Stan/Alcymart,

I know I'm getting on a bit in years but can either of you explain the new pairs and triplets announcers statistics (latest and single), and how I can use them, I just don't understand how to use them.

Red Devil :anx:
Red Devil

Postby Maryland » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:26 pm

[quote=Red Devil]
Stan/Alcymart,

I know I'm getting on a bit in years but can either of you explain the new pairs and triplets announcers statistics (latest and single), and how I can use them, I just don't understand how to use them.

Red Devil :anx:
[/quote]

I second that Red Devil, or maybe we missed an explanation of it I can't find.
Maryland

Announcers Explained

Postby Alcymart » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:07 am

Pair Announcer stats show the quantity of times (occurence), that a pair of numbers in your winning numbers history has announced one number.

For example, if in a drawing you check pair 5-12 , it will show you which numbers have a good chance or not of being drawn in the next drawing with pair 5-12.

Triplets, same principle.

It is basically balls drawn (pairs or triplets) predicting one ball due to be drawn or not.

It's best to experiment as there are many strategies. As an example, you can filter numbers where a specific announcer pair or triplet announced a number too often and would not be due. You have the due and rank stats to help you in making your decision. Or you could go to the extreme and let announcers do all the work for you and let them predict the next numbers to be drawn. Basically letting randomness predict randomness itself.

In short , announcers are predictors.

Hope things are clearer now for everyone...
Alcymart

Postby Maryland » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:21 am

[quote=Alcymart]
Pair Announcer stats show the quantity of times (occurence), that a pair of numbers in your winning numbers history has announced one number.

For example, if in a drawing you check pair 5-12 , it will show you which numbers have a good chance or not of being drawn in the next drawing with pair 5-12.

Triplets, same principle.

It is basically balls drawn (pairs or triplets) predicting one ball due to be drawn or not.

It's best to experiment as there are many strategies. As an example, you can filter numbers where a specific announcer pair or triplet announced a number too often and would not be due. You have the due and rank stats to help you in making your decision. Or you could go to the extreme and let announcers do all the work for you and let them predict the next numbers to be drawn. Basically letting randomness predict randomness itself.

In short , announcers are predictors.

Hope things are clearer now for everyone...
[/quote]

I understand now but I think I'm going to take the stats back out. It takes longer to calculate my stats now and you can't edit your winning draws once you calculate or you get an error and your stuck. Before I could calculate stats, edit winning draws and calculate again. In my opinion I think we are moving away from the original concept of Expert Lotto and that is finding the Jackpot in the Win History Sums. BTW does anyone else get an error when editing a draw and then trying to recalculate?
Maryland

EL stops when I calulate statistics for the winnig numbers o

Postby Jerzy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:10 pm

Hi Maryland,

I worked with First/Last Digit Statistics.

Calculating Statistics for the winning number history stops for several second but eventually continues and is able to finish (1109 draws in the game history). If I put into the package all possible combinations for the 6/45 game - 8145060 lines , the application stops during calculation of statistics, for example at 25896/28834.

EL is stuck but at the same time I can use other applications. I can even use the Internet, which means that it is only application failure not the computer failure.

And regardless whether I calculate statistics for 1109 previous draws or for 8145060 lines, the information box, which also gives the possibility of cancelling the operation, shows always that 28834 lines are processed, which is obviously incorrect.

When I look into the Error Text Document in the EL folder, there are error messages:

"Message: uncaught exception
Stack:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space. Build822"

My computer has 512MB of RAM. It was sufficient for working with previous versions of EL.

This is a beta version and I hope that the bugs will be fixed.

Personally, I would like to have in EL even more statistics and filter options. WNH Sum and Segments filters are very clever, but to get a small, manageable number of tickets by using only those filters and be correct in estimations (to hit jackpot), it seems from the human point of view extremely difficult.
Jerzy

Postby Red Devil » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:33 pm

I agree with Maryland, since installing these plug-ins everything has slowed down, I too have disabled them. Like Maryland says, what makes this software different to anything else out there is the Win History & Segments filters however, I do welcome other filters and statistics to try out. The beauty of the way Stan and his team has built this software is that if you don't want to use a plug-in just disable it and get on and use the features that you do like.

Its the same for this excellent forum, there is a lot of constructive sharing of ideas, serious input for Stan and other users, not like other forums where there is a lot of idle banter and chit-chat that does not necessarily improve anyones' chances of finding their ultimate goal.

To everyone particularly Stan, Keep up the good work.

Red Devil :-)
Red Devil

aclymart

Postby jimbo » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:48 pm

Quote-In my opinion I think we are moving away from the original concept of Expert Lotto and that is finding the Jackpot in the Win History Sums and what filters we have.
sometimes more isnt better.
i agree, just my thinking.were getting to many charts with stats to pour over.
i do think adding some new ones is needed to keep up if there usable to avg joe. the trend ones is an example, just to hard to understand.

now i think aclymart triples and quads filters look promising, i checked some older winning lottery tickects with triples and quads stats, and low and behold, i may have won some loot.
inc this into wn history or something, i'm just your avg joe.

padawan had a estimate starting point chart, now i thought that was in a way a el chart with with some nice improvement and it was useful and easy to follow. it took sums which el seems to use and gave us a nice chart with some usefull data. ME-i would take that chart and make it user friendly so we could adjust the min-max and see the results on screen. take that chart, incorporate it and its reults into wn history or make it a adj filter.

just friendly input and food for thought
have fun
jim
jimbo

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:41 pm

I agree. :finger:

I think some of us are moving away from the original concept of Expert Lotto and that is finding the Jackpot in the Win History Sums. I'm still working with WN History myself when I have time. The WN History does have extreme potential.
PadawanLotto

Postby Da80th » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:48 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
I agree. :finger:

I think some of us are moving away from the original concept of Expert Lotto and that is finding the Jackpot in the Win History Sums. I'm still working with WN History myself when I have time. The WN History does have extreme potential.
[/quote]

I agree, WN History (filter) is the way to go!

More should be concentrade on the WN History rather than spend (Stan and ExpertLotto Team) times and resources on wheeling system, quad or worst yet, pentads.

Da80th
Da80th

Postby stan » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:49 pm

yes, the new plugin require a *lot* of free memory so there's less memory for other expert lotto features.
i'll add some options to turn stats modules on/off without restarting the application.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:58 pm

btw, it's quite easy to add new stats plugins, for example first/last digits module is just a few lines of code - a coffee break job... :cool:
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Next

Return to BETA versions