new BETA version page

Postby stan » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:45 pm

[quote=stan]
i'll add some options to turn stats modules on/off without restarting the application.
[/quote]

... in build 823
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Feedback on new plugins

Postby Jerzy » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:45 pm

Hi Stan,

I had to remove the announcers, quads and pentads, because their presence was causing Expert Lotto unusable on my computer which has only 512 MB of RAM. I could not just switch them off from inside of the EL, because the application was stuck on each statistic calculation and in order to get the access to the switch (via Options in the statistics filter menu), to disable the plugins, it is necessary to calculate statistics first.

With Digits Plugin Expert Lotto works well on my computer. I am quite happy with First/Last Digit and Odd/Even Digit statistics and filters.

However, Low/High Digit statistics report that all tickets belong to 6:0 group with 0 occurencies in the 5:1, 4:2, 3:3, 2:4, 1:5, 0:6 groups. Seems to me that this statistical function is programmed to consider all digits present in the lotto combinations as Low Digits, but I do not know what was actually intended, which First Digit should be regarded as Low and which as High, and which Last Digits as Low and which as High.

A lesser problem is the impossibility to disable the columns in the statistics table which do not provide useful information to me (e.g. skips, period). Unchecking these columns in the Options has no effect whatsoever.

I believe these problems can be fixed and Digit Plugin would be an excellent set of filters, complementary to existing ones and not demanding excessive amount of memory.

I do not worry about announcers, quads and pentads. Right now I do not know how I could use them successfully, and they can wait until I have a more powerful computer.

Thank you.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:19 pm

thanks for the bug report, jerzy, i'll look at it
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby maroc » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:40 pm

Hi Stan,
It's not a bug is just the calculation

Low/High first Digit statistics report that all tickets belong to 6:0

There is just number betwen 0 and 4 so they all are low = 6:0
maroc

Postby stan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:47 pm

[quote=maroc]
It's not a bug is just the calculation

Low/High first Digit statistics report that all tickets belong to 6:0

There is just number betwen 0 and 4 so they all are low = 6:0
[/quote]

that's correct, the stats table is actually useless. very stupid of me... :red:

i have removed the table and i'll add digits sum and sum root instead.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:49 pm

[quote=Jerzy]
I had to remove the announcers, quads and pentads, because their presence was causing Expert Lotto unusable on my computer which has only 512 MB of RAM. I could not just switch them off from inside of the EL, because the application was stuck on each statistic calculation and in order to get the access to the switch (via Options in the statistics filter menu), to disable the plugins, it is necessary to calculate statistics first.
[/quote]

in build 824 each stats module is disabled automatically if it requires more memory than what's available.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Trust » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:57 pm

Hi Stan!
Just an observation-When i use any statistic filter that filters
single numbers the processing time is much slower than the
match numbers filter(That do exactly the same filtering)

Why is that?
Trust

512MB ram is sufficient...

Postby Alcymart » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:54 am

There must be something wrong with Jerzy's PC as my other PC with Windows XP has 512 MB RAM and everything runs fine with all plugins enabled. It doesn't even touch the pagefile. His PC must be gobbling loads of RAM probably on start-up programs or background processes which is what is most common in user PC these days.

In any case, having the option to disable what users don't want is great. Just a quick remark that if it was't for the pentads plugin, I would not have won yesterday 4/6 in my Quebec 6/49 which paid up $50. Not much but without pentads, I would of won a big fat ZERO!

If one takes the time to think, they will see clearer in these plugins. I'll post soon how to use them effectively and win with these plugins.

As for getting away from the WN History, I suggested these plugins because they are in demand in every lotto software and more demand will mean more sales of Expert Lotto sooner or later.

As for the WN filter, I would invite users to post their suggestions on how to improve it in the suggestion area of this board as I think it has reached maturity and if there is anything else to improve the WN filter, I can't see what it could be. If there is something to improve, results will be barely measurable. I am satisfied with the WN filter as it is unless someone can suggest something better.

You did an excellent job Stan with Expert Lotto. I am happy with my license and I am sure many others are too. For me, it's as close as it gets among all lotto softwares to hit the jackpot. Like one user said in an earlier post that even more statistics would be better, I agree, however I think it is sufficient for now. We need to focus on showing users how to use all these filters and plugins effectively before adding more. Expert Lotto must keep it's user friendlyness like it is right now in future builds. Not less, not more.

If people would stop and think a minute and understand all these new plugins, they would know if the WN history is due up or down for pete sake! There is no magical jackpot button in any lotto software. The more thought process and work people will put in it, higher the rewards will be.

Just my 2 cents...
Alcymart

Again about Low/High Digit Statistics and Filter

Postby Jerzy » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:32 am

Hi Stan,

Hi Maroc,

I understand that Low/High Digit Statistics and Filters were meant to deal with digits not with numbers.

Digits should not be confused with numbers. There are only 10 digits, but there is no limit on numbers, and numbers are build of digits.

There is already Low/High Number Filter, based on dividing lotto numbers into 2 groups (e.g. from 01 to 22 and 23 to 45) and we are looking for something else in addition to that.

As there are only 10 digits, the criteria which were used for categorising Low and High Lotto Numbers could not apply to digit groups.

It is necessary to assume different criteria.

Only 5 digits (0, 1, 2, 3, 4) can appear as the first digits in the 6/45 or 6/49 lotto and we can assume that 0 and 1 are Low, and 2, 3, 4 are High. For Last Digits we can assume that digits from 0 to 4 are Low and from 5 to 9 are High. And because 6 balls are drawn, there could be the following proportions of Low/High digits: 6:0, 5:1, 4:2, 3:3, 2:4, 1:5, 0:6.

Such a filter can be build and probably it would have effectiveness comparable with some already existing filters.
Jerzy

RAM requirement for new plugins

Postby Jerzy » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:27 am

Hi Alcymart,

Thank you for telling us that quad and pentad plugins can work on the computer with 512 MB of RAM. Of course there are a lot of background processes going on in the computer and indeed they can affect Expert Lotto. I have to examine this matter.

I am not against strategies based on pairs, triads, quads and pentads. I just did not try them yet and do not know much of them. And I am open to new ideas.

Currently, I am testing the strategy based on filtering, using WNH Sums and Segments Filters supported by other filters which seems to me the most promissing approach.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:40 am

[quote=Trust]
Just an observation-When i use any statistic filter that filters
single numbers the processing time is much slower than the
match numbers filter(That do exactly the same filtering)

Why is that?
[/quote]

because the stats filter builds a 'fake' statistics table from the filtered tickets. it is slower than a 'real' filter but it was very easy to implement and i can use the same mechanism for all stats tables without any extra code
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:45 am

[quote=Jerzy]
Only 5 digits (0, 1, 2, 3, 4) can appear as the first digits in the 6/45 or 6/49 lotto and we can assume that 0 and 1 are Low, and 2, 3, 4 are High. For Last Digits we can assume that digits from 0 to 4 are Low and from 5 to 9 are High. And because 6 balls are drawn, there could be the following proportions of Low/High digits: 6:0, 5:1, 4:2, 3:3, 2:4, 1:5, 0:6.

Such a filter can be build and probably it would have effectiveness comparable with some already existing filters.
[/quote]

i'm not sure if it is a good idea to introduce low/high digits - but the source files for the digits plugin are still available if anyone wants to play with it ;-)

as i posted before, digits sum and digits sum root will be available soon.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:49 am

[quote=Alcymart]
There must be something wrong with Jerzy's PC as my other PC with Windows XP has 512 MB RAM and everything runs fine with all plugins enabled. It doesn't even touch the pagefile. His PC must be gobbling loads of RAM probably on start-up programs or background processes which is what is most common in user PC these days.
[/quote]

it also depends which lottery you play and how many tickets you statistically evaluate. the latest version of quads/pentads plugins stores only quads/pentads actually found the in the wn/package tickets. so statistics for e.g. 10 tickets only should run without any memory problems.

As for the WN filter, I would invite users to post their suggestions on how to improve it in the suggestion area of this board as I think it has reached maturity and if there is anything else to improve the WN filter, I can't see what it could be. If there is something to improve, results will be barely measurable. I am satisfied with the WN filter as it is unless someone can suggest something better.

our goal is to take human error out of wn history estimates. so we're working on some sort of automated wn history ranges predictor...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Pentads filtering

Postby Jerzy » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:54 am

Hi Stan,

I reinstalled pentads plugin. The application stops when I try to calculate statistics for 8,145,060 tickets but it works for the winning numbers history and smaller numbers of lines.

I experimented with pentads for rejection filters.

I calculated pentad statistics for the last 10 draws, selected all pentads in the table and filtered them out from full package of 8,145,060 possible tickets. 2350 ticket were filtered out this way.

I tried to get the same result in a different way.

I built a compact filter using Compound Filter Builder and Match Numbers Filters using for this the results of the last 10 draws, settting the filter to remove the tickets which match 5 numbers in each of the 10 lines included in the filter. This way filter removed not 2350 but 2340 tickets.

I am not sure what causes the difference. I entered the last ten draws results correctly and the numbers to the Match Number Filter correctly as well.

Cold you please explain what causes the difference of 10 tickets?
Jerzy

Postby stan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:01 pm

[quote=Jerzy]
I reinstalled pentads plugin. The application stops when I try to calculate statistics for 8,145,060 tickets but it works for the winning numbers history and smaller numbers of lines.

I experimented with pentads for rejection filters.

I calculated pentad statistics for the last 10 draws, selected all pentads in the table and filtered them out from full package of 8,145,060 possible tickets. 2350 ticket were filtered out this way.

I tried to get the same result in a different way.

I built a compact filter using Compound Filter Builder and Match Numbers Filters using for this the results of the last 10 draws, settting the filter to remove the tickets which match 5 numbers in each of the 10 lines included in the filter. This way filter removed not 2350 but 2340 tickets.

I am not sure what causes the difference. I entered the last ten draws results correctly and the numbers to the Match Number Filter correctly as well.

Cold you please explain what causes the difference of 10 tickets?
[/quote]

i tried the same for the demo expert lotto 6/49 lottery and i got similar results. 2520 tickets passed when using matching winning numbers filter (the last 10 draws), 2590 tickets passed when filtering from pentad stats.
i don't know where the bugs but i'd stick with the winning numbers filter for the moment.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to BETA versions