Trend Predictor questions

Trend Predictor questions

Postby nik » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:23 am

Hi Everyone ,

I am trying to interprete EL Trend Predictor results and would like some guidance on how to use this information in EL . Can anyone with previous experience using it please assist ? For example:

Input Data = last 500 winning draws
Starting Row = 1
Last Row to Ignore = 0
Number of Rows for Validation = 30
Pattern Size = 5/20 min/max
Match Ratio = 0.7/1.0/1.0 min/max/step
Column Selection : 1(1)

Increase (58-22-19), success rate=80.00% (24/6+0), best pattern size=6, prediction type=Trend Position Match, minimum match ratio=0.7
Increase (58-22-19), success rate=80.00% (24/6+0), best pattern size=6, prediction type=Trend Position Match, minimum match ratio=0.8
Increase (45-45-10), success rate=76.67% (23/7+0), best pattern size=19, prediction type=StdDev( Trends )
Increase (55-34-11), success rate=73.33% (22/8+0), best pattern size=15, prediction type=StdDev( Values )
Decrease (30-40-30), success rate=73.33% (22/8+0), best pattern size=5, prediction type=Trend Position Match, minimum match ratio=0.9
Decrease (30-40-30), success rate=73.33% (22/8+0), best pattern size=5, prediction type=Trend Position Match, minimum match ratio=1.0

Interpretion 1st row:

1) Increase (58-22-19)
58% of past data indicated increase,
22% of past data indicated decrease
Q1. the resulting prediction 19% means what ?

2) Success rate=80.00% (24/6+0)
The predictions were correct in 80% in the last 30 draws.
24/6+0 means that for the last 30 rows/draws there were 24 valid predictions, 6 predictions were invalid and for 0 rows the predictor couldn't find any matching past data.
Q2. What predictions were correct ? What can I see or find these predictions?

3)best pattern size=6, prediction type=Trend Position Match, minimum match ratio=0.7
Q3. What is best pattern size, prediction type and minimum match? How to interprete and use them

Apply results
Q4. I seem to be missing something, how to use the Trend Predictor Results in EL ? If in Filters , where ?

Regards
nik
nik

Postby stan » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:52 am

this thread doesn't help:?
http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/for ... ead&id=271

btw, i recommend using value predictor instead, it yields better results. or wait till the predictor is fully integrated into expert lotto...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Thanks Stan

Postby nik » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:17 pm

Ooops , should have check forum before asking question ...thanks Stan

Regards
nik
nik

Postby Midas » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:38 pm

Hi Nik Barker (I presume),

Your posts with Saliu were interesting, I hope we get similar in depth reviews and some good suggestions for EL.

We've been waiting for some honest user feedback on value and trend predictor. There are some discussions on this board and even a test pattern database for validation.

Thread: http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/for ... d=334#2707

There is considerable scope for improvement for both value and trend predictor. Without putting too much emphasis, this path has great potential. Perhaps you can break down your statistical analysis further for trend and value predictor. We need more champions in this direction.

Looking forward to your responses.

Regards
Midas
Midas

Hi Midas

Postby nik » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:54 am

Sorry for late reply , was away and just got back yesterday . I like many users on this forum am very excited about EL , and still learning about it's many features. Still don't fully understanding it and how Value and Trend Predictors work ...been many years since I finished Calculus and Stats at college, and just did it to get the credits ha! ha!

Once Stan fully integrates Trend Predictor , I am sure it will be a great addon .

However, in the short time I have been using EL without Value and Trend Predictors , I have had moderate to good success , almost every draw 3/5 and some 4/5s. I used part of Alcymart recommendations on "Filtering Safely towards the Jackpot ". But my approach is abit different..

When starting EL, instead of trying to figure what are the winning numbers , I try to figure out which numbers will NOT be selected in winning draw . I find it easier to do that, than to pick exactly five (5) correct numbers . This way I have less numbers to filter . Many times I Generate with six (6) or seven (7) numbers less from the pool which is huge advantage and it also gives WN History Sum less work to do . I am getting pretty good at omitting non-winning numbers from a draw and I'm very optimistic about hitting the Jackpot , in the near future...hopefully!

And my friend,

FYI

I am NOT "Nik Barker (I presume),"

I am Nik ( First , Middle and Surname initials, from the Sunny Caribbean !)

Best Regards
nik

Return to BETA versions