Generator

Generator

Postby MartinMan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:19 pm

Hello,
I am using build 876(Jackpot) and when I try to use the Generator to make a package for a lotto with one number picked from 27 the program will not make more than 27 numbers.

When I ask for more numbers it shows 27 numbers in the Total box and will not generate more.

I am trying to generate ramdon numbers.

If I put more numbers into to Number of Tickets window and then hit the Enter Key I can get those numbers in my package, but if I try to click on the OK button when finished the program defaults back to 27 on the first button click and then will make 27 numbers on the second click of the OK button.

I was going to send my error log, but I do not have one in my directory. EL must not be finding fault with what it is doing.

Regards
MartinMan

Postby stan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:55 pm

there are only 27 combinations in a 1/27 lottery. what other combinations would you like to generate??
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby MartinMan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:16 pm

Hello Stan,

Yes, I know about the 27 numbers, but the program will not generate RANDOM numbers above that amount either for testing. Shouldn't the program generate more? Is it set internally to not generate more than the maximun amount of numbers in a full wheel? If so that will limit using it for single colume use. Though, I imagine that I could use the winning numbers as a package in a lottery with a lot of draws.

Regards
MartinMan

Postby stan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:22 pm

if the number of random combinations is equal to the maximum possible number of combinations then the generator automatically switches to sequential generator.
if you want a sequence of numbers in random order then you can use the sequential generator to generate all combinations multiple times (use 'action - append to the package') and then shuffle the combinations in the package (menu 'package - shuffle')
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to BETA versions