printing play slips

printing play slips

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:33 pm

Hi Stan, I have noticed that when I'm setting up my playslip printing settings, the" test print" buttons at the bottom of each menu screen don't seem to work. The printer starts up & a playslip goes through the printer, but nothing prints onto the slip. Yet when I carry on through the rest of the print set up menus & then save the settings at the end, & then go to the main menu print/ playslips menu it prints a test playslip out fine. Just wondering if this a program glitch, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks

Postby stan » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:55 pm

does this happen when creating a lottery or when editing an existing lottery?

i've just got a new (faster;-)) pc and i'm in the process of installing software etc. so i can't test this problem at the moment.

you can also use version 4.0 to setup/edit a lottery and then use it in the beta version.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:36 pm

just an idea - do not use playslip for test printing, load plain a4 paper instead as the wizard test printing does not use 'print margin corrections' from the playslip printing window
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

printing playslips.

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:46 am

Ah ! When I try it with A4 it works. Just wondering if it is possible to put in an option ( for when in the "edit playslips printing settings"mode), so we can test print to the playslips, (as in put a mark in each number box), from each menu screen. This would save you having to go through the rest of the menu screens & then save & reset the program, then do a "test print" in order to check the position of the marks in each number box, & have to repeat the process after each adjustment. If, for example, you want to edit several adjustments to the "location of each panel", & would like to check the playslip after each adjustment has been made, this option would be very handy & save a lot of time. Many thanks Stan :-D

Postby stan » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:37 am

it is possible but it's not a good idea. because the playslip is much smaller than a regular a4 sheet the printer may not load the playslip accurately. so even though your measurements are correct the print out will not match the playslip. therefore you'll make corrections in the wizard's window and do a new test print. however this time the playslip will be loaded correctly so the print out will not match again...

the best way to check the test print outs is to use plain a4 paper sheets. then put an empty playslip under the a4 print out and look at it against window or table lamp. you'll the playslip through the a4 paper and you can check if the print out is lined up correctly.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

playslip printout

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:46 am

sounds a great idea..........will try it. Thanks Stan

Return to BETA versions