build 996

build 996

Postby alland » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:13 pm

stan ,

i believe there may be error calculating package segments. i have done some testing and jerzy has same results , as we use same lottery.

please read posts , package stats in comments,features ,suggestions.

thanks

allan
alland

Postby stan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:21 pm

i'm looking at it
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:39 pm

just tried it and it's working correctly:

- select all draw in wn selection panel and recalculate wn history table
- show segments table and scroll to the last draw
- insert any ticket into the package and see it package stats
- insert numbers of any tickets into the simulation fields in wn history and click 'draw simulation button'
- the segments of the latest draw in wn history page should be the same as segments of that ticket in package stats

possible cause of your problems: if you play lottery that draws more sets of numbers per day then you should check package stats options and make sure all draws are checked there...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby CARBOB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:46 pm

[quote=stan]

- insert numbers of any tickets into the simulation fields in wn history and click 'draw simulation button'
- the segments of the latest draw in wn history page should be the same as segments of that ticket in package stats

possible cause of your problems: if you play lottery that draws more sets of numbers per day then you should check package stats options and make sure all draws are checked there...
[/quote]

Stan, can you explain this?
http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/for ... 906&page=2
Also,
http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/for ... age=2#8720
CARBOB

Postby stan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:03 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
[/quote]
don't know what's happening there. can you reproduce those results? if so, pls email me your lottery setup and i'll look at it.

i don't have excel 07, can you export the file to a different format?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby CARBOB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:16 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=CARBOB]
[/quote]
don't know what's happening there. can you reproduce those results? if so, pls email me your lottery setup and i'll look at it.

i don't have excel 07, can you export the file to a different format?
[/quote]

I will try, then email. Thanks Stan.
CARBOB

Postby CARBOB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:34 pm

I saved in Excel 03 format. My question on this file is the results I get, when I use, Count Passing Tickets in the Multiple Segment Filter. I'm under the impression that the results would not be all 1's in column -10.l
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CARBOB

Postby stan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:45 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
I saved in Excel 03 format. My question on this file is the results I get, when I use, Count Passing Tickets in the Multiple Segment Filter. I'm under the impression that the results would not be all 1's in column -10.l
[/quote]

those results are actually correct. it's probably my fault that i didn't explain well enough how the counting works.
the count for col 0 shows how many tickets have the given segment combination. the count for col-1 show how many tickets have the given segment combination in col -1 AND the previous combination in col 0. the count for col -2 shows how many tickets have segment combination in col -2 AND in col -1 AND in col 0 etc...
if the line in input file looks like this:
1-2-3,,,3-2-1
(i.e. only interested in col 0 and in col 3)
then the count in col 3 shows how many tickets have segment combination 1-2-3 in col 0 AND segment combination 3-2-1 in col -3
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby CARBOB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:06 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=CARBOB]
[/quote]

those results are actually correct. it's probably my fault that i didn't explain well enough how the counting works.
the count for col 0 shows how many tickets have the given segment combination. the count for col-1 show how many tickets have the given segment combination in col -1 AND the previous combination in col 0. the count for col -2 shows how many tickets have segment combination in col -2 AND in col -1 AND in col 0 etc...
if the line in input file looks like this:
1-2-3,,,3-2-1
(i.e. only interested in col 0 and in col 3)
then the count in col 3 shows how many tickets have segment combination 1-2-3 in col 0 AND segment combination 3-2-1 in col -3
[/quote]

Now that makes sense. Thanks.
CARBOB

Postby alland » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:46 am

[quote=stan]

[/quote]

done what you have said above,the segment combination still differ.
jerzy and myself did this test with same results.
alland

Return to BETA versions