Predictor/Simulator issues

Predictor/Simulator issues

Postby Bobijohn » Fri May 02, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi Stan

I have noticed the following two related issues. Unfortunately their behavior is not consistent in that they do not occur every time the following procedure is followed.

1). Open EL and load a full package. Go to WNH. The bottom line may be populated with simulator results (simulator using its default setting of 123….) although the simulator button was not pressed. The problem goes further because pressing on the simulator button to try and deactivate it does no good since it was not pressed in the first place.

2). Open EL. Load full package. Go to WNH. Assume simulator did not automatically activate this time. Run Predictor. On some occasions it will insert the simulator line automatically above the predictor line – although the simulator was not run.

Thanks for your attention.

Bobijohn
Bobijohn

Postby PadawanLotto » Fri May 02, 2008 5:14 pm

If you run a simulation in the simulation page of WN history it will place a Draw Simulation line in the summary table segments if you click on the predictions button before clicking the update button to clear the draw simulation then the draw simulation line will appear above the predictions line. To remove the draw simulation line click on update in the summary table after running a simulation in the simulation page and all will be ok.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Fri May 02, 2008 6:07 pm

hmm, clicking 'draw simulation' button should add/remove the simulation to summary table. it doesn't matter what content is in the package at that moment.
i wasn't able to reproduce the issue but it should be pretty harmless anyway
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Bobijohn » Fri May 02, 2008 8:25 pm

PadawanLotto ---Thanks. After hundreds of hours running EL almost everyday for over a year I know that. No, it is not ok because this behavior is un-initiated on my part. Once the simulator line is automatically added to the bottom of the WNH table it is stuck there. Pressing the simulator button does not help because it was not pressed in the first place. Also, please see point 2 above.

Stan --- As I said, this behavior is not consistent in that in does not occur on any regular basis. I checked with another EL user this morning before making my post and he told me he had noticed the same behavior. It is in the middle of the night in his part of the world right now so I can not contact him. However, he will probably add his comments in a few hours when he sees this.

Stan, it is true that you do not have to have a full package for this to occur. Loading any previously generated package of any size from a folder on my hard drive can also cause this behavior. I just referred to a full package for descriptive simplicity.

Thanks Guy’s for your help.

Bobijohn
Bobijohn

Postby Bobijohn » Fri May 02, 2008 8:48 pm

Forgot to add --> running WinXP Pro on AMD dual core.

Please also see attached Pic_1 For EL Build and Java installed.

Thanx

Bobijohn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bobijohn

Postby Falcon » Sat May 03, 2008 2:26 am

Can advise that on the first opening of the program under this latest version I experienced the situation where on opening the WN History panel the Draw Simulation button was activated and presumably doing its thing off the default 1,2,3 etc I could not deactivate the Simulation button and so had to shut the program down. At the next program open it was OK. I advise I have not had this condition since this first occurrence.

Using multithreading on an AMD dual core.

r

falcon
Falcon

Return to BETA versions