Sort of a bug

Sort of a bug

Postby Falcon » Sat May 17, 2008 7:39 am

Hi Stan,

When I open the program it is almost always in a state of resistance to doing anything - is very sluggish and clicking on a tab might get a result 5 or 10 seconds later if not longer than that, and trying to do anything in the WN History panel is a waste of time. This has been going on for quite some time. It was not resolved by upgrading to Ver 4.5.

However I have now a way to overcome this and it simply involves clicking on the Package, Visual package and Package Winnings tabs in that order and the program immediately frees up.

If there are any error logs I can send will be happy to do so.

Don't know if any others suffer this issue.

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Sun May 18, 2008 7:41 pm

well, look into your expert lotto install folder, delete error.log file and start expert lotto. if error.log is created again then email it to me pls.
btw, did you adjust the amount of free memory for expert lotto or use the defaults?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Mon May 19, 2008 2:07 am

Thanks Stan,

Have used defaults re memory. Can you please advise how I might use other than default values.

And will check for error.log file

falcon

edit
I have searched the forum for XMX and certainly got some results but I have to say I am no clearer on the method to -

a) find what memory is currently used

b) alter it to something different

would appreciate some more instructions

thanks

falcon
Falcon

Postby Falcon » Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 am

OK. Found I believe the mechanism for altering default values for memory

In expertlottoin I see two files called Expertlotto256MB.cmd and EL512MB.cmd where presumably if one opens the program off one of these cmd files one gets the memory mentioned in the name. This is what I did and even created one at 1024MB.

In respect of my issue above the size of memory has no impact on the initial seizing up of the program and also en error file is not generated. I can live with it now that I know how to get out of it.

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Tue May 20, 2008 11:29 am

hmm, maybe you've got some very eager antivirus installed which scans expert lotto files on startup? try turning it off for a moment when starting expert lotto
also check 'tmp' directory in your expert lotto install folder. there might be many temporary files there, so delete them all.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to BETA versions