Help for my Export file!!!!

Help for my Export file!!!!

Postby lottoboy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi, all:

Recently, I exported the Segments data from Summary Table of WNH but
I find the CSV file exported from my EL can not be used(see the attachment)! Why? How can I resolve the problem? In addition, the problem is not happen in other items such as History & Difference, ...etc, only for Segments. Thanks.

Best regards,
lb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:54 pm

Hi, All:

It's very interesting that the problem disappeared when I open the attachment on the post. Why? Now I have to copy my CSV file (partly) into a Word file and attach it again. Thanks.

Best,
lb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:56 pm

i have already responded to your email. seems that the problem is that excel is interpreting some segment values as calendar dates.
you need to change the formating of excel columns to see correct segment values.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:52 pm

[quote=stan:1223405768]
i have already responded to your email. seems that the problem is that excel is interpreting some segment values as calendar dates.
you need to change the formating of excel columns to see correct segment values.
[/quote]

Hi, Stan:

Thanks for your sincere help!!!
But I'm failed for the changing of my format in my Excel 2003 even I tried it again and again. Could you give me some instructions in detail? Thanks.

Best regards,
lb
lottoboy

Postby Falcon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:10 am

Segments need to be described as string values when working in Excel otherwise Excel considers the entry as a date format.

Thus if you enter into a cell the segment written as this ="4-2-1" and you will then see this displayed as 4-2-1

falcon
Falcon

Postby lottoboy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:50 pm

[quote=Falcon]
Segments need to be described as string values when working in Excel otherwise Excel considers the entry as a date format.

Thus if you enter into a cell the segment written as this ="4-2-1" and you will then see this displayed as 4-2-1

falcon
[/quote]

Hi, Falcon:

Thanks for your sincere reply!

My Excel is Excel 2003 now. Could you let me know how can i change my
setting of Excel 2003 in detail? Thanks.

Best regards,
lb
lottoboy

Postby Falcon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:28 am

The version of Excel you have will not make any difference.

You must import the data from a file that contains segments into Excel - you don't just open the file.

Thus on the top tool bar of Excel you will see a heading DATA. Open this and you will find Import External Data. Open this and then locate the file from which you wish to import the data. You will be asked about delimiters etc and tick on the correct delimiter eg comma tab space etc Once you then have all the columns and the contents identified as per the attached pic you must then change each column from General to Text - again see the attached pic. Once this is done you will then import all segments correctly.

The reference to strings I suggested previously refers to when you might be constructing columns of segments within excel. Thus in that case every cell would have a string value in it .
Falcon

Return to Anything Else