UPDATE OF JAVA

UPDATE OF JAVA

Postby lottoboy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:34 am

Hi, Stan,

I received the updating information from JAVA company recently.
But I’m not sure if I need to do it for my EL and I’m afraid that the newest version of Java may be can not working well for EL _4.5.6.
How can we do that? Update the newest version of Java asap or keep the old version of Java (1.6.6_14) until the EL_5.0?? Could you give me some advices about it now? Thanks.

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby stan » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:39 pm

yes, it is recommended to update your java runtime to the latest version even though it's not strictly necessary.
there's a very small chance that something in expert lotto will break after java upgrade (already happened) but then you can either revert to earlier java version or wait till i upload a fixed version of expert lotto
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:56 am

[quote=stan]
yes, it is recommended to update your java runtime to the latest version even though it's not strictly necessary.
there's a very small chance that something in expert lotto will break after java upgrade (already happened) but then you can either revert to earlier java version or wait till i upload a fixed version of expert lotto
[/quote]

OK, I will wait till you upload a fixed version of EL. Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:19 pm

[quote=lottoboy]
[quote=stan]
[/quote]

[/quote]

i didn't say there were bugs in expert lotto that prevent it from running under the latest jdk version:)
i said there *might* be some bugs which may demonstrate under the latest jdk version only, i'm not aware of such bugs though.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:16 am

[quote=stan]
[quote=lottoboy]
[quote=stan]
[/quote]

[/quote]

i didn't say there were bugs in expert lotto that prevent it from running under the latest jdk version:)
i said there *might* be some bugs which may demonstrate under the latest jdk version only, i'm not aware of such bugs though.
[/quote]

To avoid "there *might* be some bugs which may demonstrate under the latest jdk version only", I have to wait till you upload a fixed version of EL. Thanks.
lottoboy

Re: unable to get lisence key working

Postby housemartin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:21 pm

Hi, I have just bought a copy of the software but am unable to access the licence key. My computer will not accept the licence jar and have had trouble also with the other link. I get the message ShellExecuteEx failed, code 1155. Can anyone help as I have already spent three days on this. I have cleaned the registry and re dowloaded Java. I have also dowloaded Visual Studio because is says it will open .lic files. :(
housemartin

Re: unable to get lisence key working

Postby stan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:37 am

housemartin wrote:Hi, I have just bought a copy of the software but am unable to access the licence key. My computer will not accept the licence jar and have had trouble also with the other link. I get the message ShellExecuteEx failed, code 1155. Can anyone help as I have already spent three days on this. I have cleaned the registry and re dowloaded Java. I have also dowloaded Visual Studio because is says it will open .lic files. :(

did you follow these instructions? http://www.expertlotto.com/en/support/h ... nstall.htm

you're not supposed to open the license file, the application opens the file itself and activates the license.
btw, there's no textual license key to type anywhere...

(and i presume that you're trying to install the license file into expert lotto 4.x as the new version 5 isn't release oficialy yet)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: UPDATE OF JAVA

Postby nikkil » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Is there an updated URL for this? It says Object not found! when I clicked on the URL.
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image
nikkil

Re: UPDATE OF JAVA

Postby stan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:15 pm

nikkil wrote:Is there an updated URL for this? It says Object not found! when I clicked on the URL.

No, those were instructions for Expert Lotto version 4.x which now obsolete.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Anything Else