Some Housekeeping

Some Housekeeping

Postby Falcon » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:25 am

Hi Stan,

Sometimes a lottery is not drawn on its due date and to accommodate this when one is entering the drawn numbers data it is simply a matter of clicking the Skip button and that date gets by-passed. However in the Edit Winning Numbers panel one can tick a box and cause a data line to be also Skipped and one can do this for good legitimate reason. However if you forget at some later stage that you have edit skipped a data line this could impact on your subsequent filtering efforts, and there is no way of knowing it has been skipped unless you are very alert on the date data in the WN History panel. Thus -
Could there be in WN History panel somewhere a flag to say that lines have been edit skipped, but not for those that have simply been skipped because there was no draw on the allotted date. Presumably this would mean marking those data lines where no draw took place differently to those lines that were edit skipped.

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:06 pm

good point, i'll try to do something about it
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Bobijohn » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:22 am

Falcon - Good observation.

Stan – Please consider the following. It is similar in nature to the above but only applies where you have multiple draws per day. On the WNH panel there are buttons to tick or, un-tick for each draw. When you go to any of the WNH filter panels you will see the same arrangement. However, if you tick/un-tick a draw on the WNH panel it remains ticked/un-ticked (i.e. unchanged) on the WNH filter panels – in other words, the change made on the WNH panel is not carried forward to the filter panels. They will no longer be synchronized. One must be “alertâ€￾ to catch this.

I would like to suggest the following default behavior, and that is, make the WNH panel the controlling panel for such changes - any change made there is to be carried forward to the WNH filter panels automatically. If a user wants to make a change at the filter panel then some sort of alert is triggered to say that it will no longer be synchronized with the main WNH panel. A picture is attached for clarification.

Unfortunately, on more than one occasion I have gone merrily on filtering only to realize that the filter panel and WNH panel were not synchronized. It is very easy to make this mistake.

Thanks for your consideration.

Bobijohn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bobijohn

Postby Falcon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:43 am

Hi Stan,

If I may this item has been presented previously http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/forum.php?req=thread&id=761

And like bobijohn I would like to see the suggestion implemented

thanks

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:45 am

[quote=Bobijohn:1207354970]
Stan – Please consider the following. It is similar in nature to the above but only applies where you have multiple draws per day. On the WNH panel there are buttons to tick or, un-tick for each draw. When you go to any of the WNH filter panels you will see the same arrangement. However, if you tick/un-tick a draw on the WNH panel it remains ticked/un-ticked (i.e. unchanged) on the WNH filter panels – in other words, the change made on the WNH panel is not carried forward to the filter panels. They will no longer be synchronized. One must be “alertâ€￾ to catch this.
[/quote]

this behavior was made on purpose. i think somebody asked for it:) but if others agree, i can change it so that all wn selection panels are synchronized.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:26 am

Latest beta release 990 - from the notes - "options from Winning Numbers selection panel are propagated throughout the whole application."

Thanks for this Stan, but you are going to hate this response -any chance of deriving the options off the WNHistory panel instead, as that is where most of the work originates. Incidentally the WNH panel is not responding to the option - however the various filters I have looked do.

And I'll post your response now -

Gee's - those b's are never happy.

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:41 am

[quote=Falcon]
Latest beta release 990 - from the notes - "options from Winning Numbers selection panel are propagated throughout the whole application."

Thanks for this Stan, but you are going to hate this response -any chance of deriving the options off the WNHistory panel instead, as that is where most of the work originates. Incidentally the WNH panel is not responding to the option - however the various filters I have looked do.

[/quote]

maybe i didn't explain it well in the release notes - the wn selection panel will reuse the latest settings. so when you use the panel in the wn history page (you must actually click the 'update' button) and then open a filter window that has wn selection panel, the settings should be the same. if they aren't then it's a bug.
or did you have something else on your mind?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi Stan,

Yep. Problem my end. I took the release notes a bit too stringently.

I have the filters now nicely synchronized off the WNH panel just as requested.

Many thanks.

falcon
Falcon

Postby Bobijohn » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:05 am

Hi Stan,

Many thanks for this modification. In so far as the WNH filters being synchronized with the WNH table all is working fine.

However, I have noticed that if you go to the Statistics page and run stats with both the buttons ticked (Winning numbers and Tickets in the package) then the WNH filters will change to the session criteria shown on the Stats page. This session criteria is not synchronized with the WNH table page. So at this point the WNH table session criteria is no longer synchronized with the WNH filters which are synchronized with the Winning numbers session criteria shown per the Winning numbers tab. I am sure you get the message in this!!! There has to be a simpler less confusing way to do all this. I can live with things as they are now but you may want to take another look at this from an overall product perspective.

At the start of this thread Falcon made a thoughtful suggestion which you seemed to agree with. If you have implemented it I have not found it. No hurry – was just wondering.

Your great efforts are much appreciated.

Bobijohn
Bobijohn

Postby stan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:49 am

[quote=Bobijohn]
Hi Stan,

Many thanks for this modification. In so far as the WNH filters being synchronized with the WNH table all is working fine.

However, I have noticed that if you go to the Statistics page and run stats with both the buttons ticked (Winning numbers and Tickets in the package) then the WNH filters will change to the session criteria shown on the Stats page. This session criteria is not synchronized with the WNH table page. So at this point the WNH table session criteria is no longer synchronized with the WNH filters which are synchronized with the Winning numbers session criteria shown per the Winning numbers tab. I am sure you get the message in this!!! There has to be a simpler less confusing way to do all this. I can live with things as they are now but you may want to take another look at this from an overall product perspective.
[/quote]
i'd rather keep it as it is - using a feature with wn selection panel will save your settings as the latest one and they will be reused when using another feature with wn selection panel.
i can imagine some users complaining that they calculated statistics and when they wanted filter for match with winning numbers they had wrong options in the wn selection panel in filter window...

At the start of this thread Falcon made a thoughtful suggestion which you seemed to agree with. If you have implemented it I have not found it. No hurry – was just wondering.

not yet, it should be in the next build
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Bobijohn » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:03 pm

Stan – No problems here. In fact, I am finding this latest modification most helpful especially when pushed for time to complete the analysis in order to buy the tickets before the deadline. At such times, settings that automatically change behind the scenes can be easily missed and lead to a “missed jackpotâ€￾. LOL. If only I had etc, etc etc!!!

Thanks again. Great program and great work on your part.

Bobijohn
Bobijohn

Postby Falcon » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:57 am

Hi Stan,

I notice in Winning Numbers Edit there is now a Skip and a Hide facility where I presume you mean us to use Hide if we are masking an entry to allow analysis elsewhere.

If I am jumping the gun with my comments here I apologise as there may be more you have planned for this but haven't yet had time to implement, but what is still needed is an indication at least in WN History - perhaps in the All Draws panel, that a data line is hidden. Following on from this would it be possible to unhide/hide (once hidden) the data line from this All Draws panel?

Thanks

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:11 pm

[quote=Falcon:1208411872]
Hi Stan,

I notice in Winning Numbers Edit there is now a Skip and a Hide facility where I presume you mean us to use Hide if we are masking an entry to allow analysis elsewhere.

If I am jumping the gun with my comments here I apologise as there may be more you have planned for this but haven't yet had time to implement, but what is still needed is an indication at least in WN History - perhaps in the All Draws panel, that a data line is hidden. Following on from this would it be possible to unhide/hide (once hidden) the data line from this All Draws panel?

Thanks

falcon
[/quote]

hmm, indication in the selection panel showing that draw(s) is hidden shouldn't be a problem. however i'm not sure it's a good idea to add some controls to hide/unhide the draws there. maybe a button in the main toolbar would be better for this purpose...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:41 pm

Hi Stan,

Toggling hide/unhide was a bit of an after thought and if it can be implemented that will be fine, but the most important part for me is an indication somewhere that a record has been hidden.

r

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:46 pm

[quote=Falcon:1208601705]the most important part for me is an indication somewhere that a record has been hidden.
[/quote]

in build 999/1000
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Next

Return to Anything Else