Note Pad

Note Pad

Postby Falcon » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:09 pm

Hi Stan,

Would appreciate a Notepad in the program at some stage please.

Thanks

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:44 pm

what for? there are hundreds of notepad applications that do much better job than any notepad in expert lotto i would create...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:16 am

I know, but there are none on the tool bar of EL.
Falcon

Postby CSenior » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:28 am

Stan~ What Falcon is asking for is a shortcut on the EL toolbar for notepad. I have seen this on other programs.

C:WindowsSystem32
otepad.exe

And while you are at it could you please add the calculator shortcut as well.

C:WindowsSystem32calc.exe

Either way if you or don't, thank you!
CSenior

Postby stan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:59 am

well, i can create a plugin that would add customizable buttons to expert lotto's toolbar to run external applications if you really want to. but i'd rather spend my free time on something more productive - like adding multithreading support to other parts of expert lotto (stats, minimizer) and/or new filters...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:10 am

[quote=stan]
well, i can create a plugin that would add customizable buttons to expert lotto's toolbar to run external applications if you really want to. but i'd rather spend my free time on something more productive - like adding multithreading support to other parts of expert lotto (stats, minimizer) and/or new filters...
[/quote]

I agree :finger: . It is too easy to access Windows Notepad through save or open. I keep one generic text file in my game folder for quick access.
PadawanLotto

Postby Bobijohn » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Adding a notepad and calculator are both great ideas. However, Java is multi-platform and can be run on Linux, Mac’s etc. Therefore, I suspect this is not such an easy task.

Great features for the future though.

Bobijohn
Bobijohn

EL watchout / alert note

Postby sysp34 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:25 pm

stan

i think what falcon need is a record log or sticky note using notepad in order to record ideas in this case long skipped numbers for some filters watch out or alert, well i dunno if this describe in right way.

If it so which is a good idea, maybe you can join or exchange some code or something with metapad code to implement on EL.

i just remember, longtime ago i like to have a "record winning history" kind similar with winning history in statistics but the different is "Hugh" filters in vertical (row) and the draws (date) in column with skip record (before filters appear in next draws) by doing this we may have a learning curve dealing with lotteries game :gun:

Well i know it's a hard task reconfigure the layout: row for filters and date/draws in column when implemented in programming language because of agile technique for efficient and effective issue a kiss methods "keep it simple smart" lol

good luck
sysp34

Postby Bobijohn » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:56 pm

One last thought. My “Power Deskâ€￾ program (a Windows Explorer substitute) has a sticky area on the tool bar where you can drag and drop any shortcut icon such as notepad, calculator, excel etc and they stay there. This way, any of these programs can be quickly opened up from within the program – one click of the mouse. If you were a Linux or Mac user you could drag and drop their equivalent icon to notepad, calculator, etc right on to the EL tool bar. I believe this also gets around any copyright issues since only an area for links is provided.

It is a very nice feature and one of those that is missed once you get used to it.

Bobijohn
Bobijohn

Postby stan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:34 pm

you might also like this: http://www.launchy.net/
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Anything Else