Cell colouring

Cell colouring

Postby Falcon » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:35 am

Is it possible to have cell colouring in the WN History table where cells (in Differences) would take on a colour according to a set range ie pink if >-40 blue if between -30 and -39, yellow if between -20 and -29 etc? If it can be done would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:23 pm

which table do you mean? the 'summary' one?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:56 am

Stan,

Yes the Summary table. Wish to be able to see the difference spreads in a visual sense, thus one could see quickly how often extremes arise such as > -70 (or some other value) but equally would like to be able to colour a range (or many of them). And if one can colour these cells in Summary Differences might it be sticky so that if you switched to Segments might the same cell remain coloured - not quite sure what information this might convey but it may be beneficial.

r

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:35 am

well, technically it is possible to implement it but i think most people export their wn history data to excel sheets and use their own highlighting (maybe someone might share such an excel template here).
and there's also winsum plugin which provides similar (or maybe even better) service
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:48 pm

Thanks Stan,

I presume you are referring to the Neg/Pos Differences table within the WN History panel. Yes this looks good and will do the job for me but-

1 How does one change the colours of the cells? There is no apparent mechanism (Options) on the table to allow changes. There are several of the cells in there now all coloured pink. Can there be different colours for user definable difference ranges?

2 And OK to export into Excel to also set up a colouring system but I have to say I regard this approach as a sort of work around and would much prefer to have the capability within the program.

3 An unrelated question - how does one change the width of the the very first column in this table ie the lottery draw identifier or date column? (12/04/2000 1st Wed)

Many thanks

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:03 pm

[quote=Falcon]
1 How does one change the colours of the cells? There is no apparent mechanism (Options) on the table to allow changes. There are several of the cells in there now all coloured pink. Can there be different colours for user definable difference ranges?
[/quote]
i'd have to update the plugin. and it'd be the same work i'd have to do for the summary table so i might just do it there as well:)

2 And OK to export into Excel to also set up a colouring system but I have to say I regard this approach as a sort of work around and would much prefer to have the capability within the program.

find some other users asking for this feature and i'll consider implementing it:)

3 An unrelated question - how does one change the width of the the very first column in this table ie the lottery draw identifier or date column? (12/04/2000 1st Wed)

open file data<your lottery name><your lottery name>.properties and edit the following line:
[m]wn.ticket.table.column.width.1=110[/m]
(i think)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Anything Else