???'s On Segments

???'s On Segments

Postby CARBOB » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:53 pm

I update the WNH, write down the segments. I have the Col's set at 5, the Segments set at 3/3. I have a package that I import into EL. Then I edit the WNH, skip last draw. Using the last WNH segments, I filter all the columns, starting with Col 0. When I finish, there should be at least one combination left with 3 of the drawn numbers. There isn't one. I know that at least 39 of the pkg combos hit 3, using Excel. Where am I going wrong ?
CARBOB

Postby Jerzy » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:33 pm

Carbob,

You filtered the same package in El and in Excel. But are you sure that you filtered it for the winning combination in the same drawing in both EL and Excel?

Was the skipping of the last draw necessary? Did you do it correctly? Maybe you should skip more drawings? Is your Excel program filtering combinations correctly?

From your description of the problem it is hard to say what went wrong.
Jerzy

Postby CARBOB » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:51 pm

[quote=Jerzy]
Carbob,

You filtered the same package in El and in Excel. But are you sure that you filtered it for the winning combination in the same drawing in both EL and Excel?

Was the skipping of the last draw necessary? Did you do it correctly? Maybe you should skip more drawings? Is your Excel program filtering combinations correctly?

From your description of the problem it is hard to say what went wrong.
[/quote]

I positive of the steps, I used. I did them 3 times and each time I got the same results.
CARBOB

Postby CARBOB » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:32 pm

There has to be a problem with the Segments. I generated a full package, last draw skipped, used the segments from summary table. No 3's showed. I think the problem may be coming from setting the columns to 5, instead of 11.
CARBOB

Postby CARBOB » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:10 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
There has to be a problem with the Segments. I generated a full package, last draw skipped, used the segments from summary table. No 3's showed. I think the problem may be coming from setting the columns to 5, instead of 11.
[/quote]

I think I have it now. After generating a full package, and filtering for 5 columns of segments, the tickets left in the package had the winning ticket. If a package doesn't contain all the winning numbers, there won't be any 3's showing, because the software is not looking for 3's, smart software, slow thinking operator.
CARBOB

Return to Winning Numbers History