WNH Segments in Statistics

Postby lottoboy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:22 am

Viking,

I have a question about the Java error report (see the attachment);
The report said my OS is Windows XP instead Vista. I don't know the means but I have checked my OS from Control Panel and my OS is Vista Home Premium. Thanks.

Best,
lb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:52 am

lottoboy, i recommend uninstalling and/or manually deleting the whole c:program filesexpertlotto folder and get installer for windows vista:
http://expertlotto.com/files/setup.exe

run the installer and make sure the destination directory is c:expertlotto

then use your license file to activate the free edition to 'pro' version. if you don't have it anymore, email me and i'll send a new one to you.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Viking » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:53 am

[quote=lottoboy]
Viking,

The report said my OS is Windows XP instead Vista. I don't know the means but I have checked my OS from Control Panel and my OS is Vista Home Premium. Thanks.

Best,
lb
[/quote]

Hi Lottoboy,

I really don't know why your error report shows a wrong OS, but as I can see from it you haven’t installed the Java file(s) I recommended and from a previous post I can also see that you have an outdated Vista version because you have Service Pack 1 version installed. Therefore I recommend you to upgrade to Service Pack 2 version and install all other updates on the Windows update site. You may have to run the update several times to get all the updates installed.

Link to Windows update site http://www.update.microsoft.com/.

If you don't have done it yet I also recommend installing the Java update I described to you before.

When you have done all this I do hope that your EL will start up.

If what I have described to you in my 2 posts doesn't help you I actually can't help you without some more information. I personally have Windows XP Pro 32-bit on my PC, so I don’t have any experience with Vista. I will not upgrade before Windows 7 arrives later this year.

Viking
Viking

Postby MartinMan » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:34 pm

Lottoboy,
Listen to what Viking and Stan and PadawanLotto have told you.
When you get Java and EL loaded again and get your license file in again,
then DO NOT mess with the .cmd script again.
Stan has fixed the memory issue in EL and you DO NOT have to use the .cmd scripts anymore.
Stan also gave you some Great advice about learning to use Windows.
Go through the Windows Help files and learn the basics.
If you don't know how to do something that can mess-up your computer, then DON'T DO IT.

Regards,
Martin
MartinMan

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:50 am

[quote=stan]
lottoboy, i recommend uninstalling and/or manually deleting the whole c:program filesexpertlotto folder and get installer for windows vista:
http://expertlotto.com/files/setup.exe

run the installer and make sure the destination directory is c:expertlotto

then use your license file to activate the free edition to 'pro' version. if you don't have it anymore, email me and i'll send a new one to you.
[/quote]

Hi, Stan:

Thanks for your sincere help!!!

I’m not clear that the folder of EL always is in my C Disk instead in the Program Files of C when I downloaded EL through the destination directory of c:expert lotto.

I’m confusion that where comes from the problem? Java download, my OS or my downloading operation?

You don’t need to send new License to me since I have kept the origin one in my PC. Thanks again!!!

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:00 am

[quote=Viking]
[quote=lottoboy]
Viking,

Best,
lb
[/quote]

Hi Lottoboy,

I really don't know why your error report shows a wrong OS, but as I can see from it you haven’t installed the Java file(s) I recommended and from a previous post I can also see that you have an outdated Vista version because you have Service Pack 1 version installed. Therefore I recommend you to upgrade to Service Pack 2 version and install all other updates on the Windows update site. You may have to run the update several times to get all the updates installed.

Link to Windows update site http://www.update.microsoft.com/.

If you don't have done it yet I also recommend installing the Java update I described to you before.

When you have done all this I do hope that your EL will start up.

If what I have described to you in my 2 posts doesn't help you I actually can't help you without some more information. I personally have Windows XP Pro 32-bit on my PC, so I don’t have any experience with Vista. I will not upgrade before Windows 7 arrives later this year.

Viking
[/quote]

Hi, Viking:

Thanks for your very nice and detail advices!!!

I have contacted the Tech. Support of Dell about my OS based the error reports of Java this afternoon. I will do that download Java again or update my Windows once I received the reply from Dell.

Thanks a lots again!!!

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:12 am

[quote=MartinMan]
Lottoboy,
Listen to what Viking and Stan and PadawanLotto have told you.
When you get Java and EL loaded again and get your license file in again,
then DO NOT mess with the .cmd script again.
Stan has fixed the memory issue in EL and you DO NOT have to use the .cmd scripts anymore.
Stan also gave you some Great advice about learning to use Windows.
Go through the Windows Help files and learn the basics.
If you don't know how to do something that can mess-up your computer, then DON'T DO IT.

Regards,
Martin
[/quote]

Hi, Martin:

Thanks for your sincere instructions!!!

I’m very happy to get many nice and detail advices from Padawan, Savage_Rottweiler, Viking, Stan and you when I met the difficulty about the download of EL into my new PC.

Next I will think about the problem carefully according to your advices and try it again.

Thanks a lots again, good friends!!!!!

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:13 am

[quote=lottoboy:1243829421]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
I don't know java but my question is in the error report it says that your OS is
--------------- S Y S T E M ---------------
[/quote]

Yes, me too. I'm not sure the information said my system or the java's?
[/quote]

Hi, Padawan, Savage, Viking, Stan and Martin:

I received the reply from Dell just now and they said: â€￾My OS is correct and Windows XP Build 2600 =Vista Home Premiumâ€￾

So, I need to download both programs of Java and EL again according to your instructions now.

Thanks for your sincere help again !!!

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:15 am

Lottoboy I don't have Vista installed, but I just logged onto my XP install and my XP Build is 2600, what Dell have told you might be right, but I would have thought it would be
----------------SYSTEM-----------------------------

But if you had XP installed on your old computer you would see a vast difference in the User Interface.
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:22 am

Hi, all friends:

First, I downloaded the V.14 of Java from the link of Viking’s post. Then, I downloaded the Vista of EL
Into my C:-à Downloads-à Program Files. But there is the information (see attachment) in my screen when I’m running the setup. Why? How can I do that next?
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:36 am

[quote=Savage_Rottweiler]
Lottoboy I don't have Vista installed, but I just logged onto my XP install and my XP Build is 2600, what Dell have told you might be right, but I would have thought it would be
----------------SYSTEM-----------------------------

But if you had XP installed on your old computer you would see a vast difference in the User Interface.
[/quote]

Hi, Savage_Rottweiler:

Thanks for your sincere attention!!!!

But I don't know how can I make sure if my OS is real Vista instead XP since my poor knowlogy about windows. I suspect the reply from Dell too even the Control Panel told me my OS is Win Vista Home Premium.

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:24 am

You probably do have Vista, just seems odd its reporting as XP, My wife in the past few weeks has bought a few new Dells for where she works, they came installed with XP but they also came with Upgrade Disks to Vista, I'm in Australia so I don't know if Dell offer that where you are Lottoboy.

Hope you get EL sorted out there.
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby lottoboy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:43 am

[quote=Savage_Rottweiler]
You probably do have Vista, just seems odd its reporting as XP, My wife in the past few weeks has bought a few new Dells for where she works, they came installed with XP but they also came with Upgrade Disks to Vista, I'm in Australia so I don't know if Dell offer that where you are Lottoboy.

Hope you get EL sorted out there.
[/quote]

Hi, Savage_Rottweiler:

Thanks for your very useful information!!!!

I'm in New York City now. How can I make the application from Dell? How much is the service fee? Thanks.

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:59 am

lottoboy you probably have Vista, Dell should know, I just thought maybe your PC came installed with XP and the Upgrade to Vista disks, my wife had to order her PC like that because the software they run won't work on Vista as of yet.
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:03 am

Lottoboy you do have Vista, I just checked out one of your screen shots, I should have checked that out earlier.
Savage_Rottweiler

PreviousNext

Return to Winning Numbers History