StdDev (Diffs) filter

StdDev (Diffs) filter

Postby Alcymart » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:09 am

Could someone explain to me what the Stdev filter sub group to the WN History filter is and what deviation it calculates. I would also appreciate an example of how one could filter efficiently and safely with this filter. I also noticed that this value is already calculated in advance for next draw in segment stats.

I am working with segments which I understand, and saw this filter which I would like to study but I need to know the basics of this particular filter.
Alcymart

Postby stan » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:19 am

stddev filter is based on the standard deviation of wn history differences - see the last but one column in the summary table
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Red Devil » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:27 am

Alcymart,

As far as I understand, it is the std dev function applied to the 11 columns of differences. If you use the spreadsheet I posted you can use the auto-filter custom setting to see the best results for your lottery and then use EL to see how many draws have been filtered. In the UK for example if you use the settings leave "10 - 22" you will retain the winning ticket 80% of the time and filter out around 2.8m tickets from the package.

Hope this helps ;-)
Red Devil

StdDev(Diffs)

Postby Bobes » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:32 am

We consider the course of sums from SUM0 to SUM 11 for linear. Then the StdDev(Diffs) relates to this linea (least squares method). The higher values the higher count of higher differences. Small value means small differences. You can see this StdDEv(Diffs) also in WN HIstory →Charts→SHow Difference Charts when you check the last row in selection dialog box.
Bobes

Return to Winning Numbers History