Please Joe consider this idea

Postby stan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:31 pm

[quote=Gatsby:1213725737]
Permutations

- Create an option called "Generator of permutations (or transformations)" which allow us to generate from the last or from all the other draws new draw combinations;

[/quote]

if i understand your post correctly then you're proposing to create a list of 'transformators' which convert a winning numbers draw into one or more different tickets, depending on the transformation rule.

so instead of filter the whole list of combination (and comparing the whole list with past winning numbers draws), you'd convert the past winning numbers into package tickets.
some of the rules that you proposed can already be implemented using filters or other features in expert lotto but i can imagine the transformation rules can be more complicated and/or difficult to implement with filters.

i don't think it's reasonable to build a lottery strategy based solely on the transformation rules but it might be a good starting point for additional filtering.

it's possible to implement this in version 5 in a similar way the ticket filtering is implemented but i'd have to create new api and user interface for that (about two weeks works).
please file this as a feature request here: http://www.expertlotto.com/issues
and when i'm done with other, more important features in version 5 (or when a lot of expert lotto users voted for your request), i'll have a look at it.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:24 am

[quote=stan]
[quote=Gatsby:1213725737]
Permutations

- Create an option called "Generator of permutations (or transformations)" which allow us to generate from the last or from all the other draws new draw combinations;

[/quote]

if i understand your post correctly then you're proposing to create a list of 'transformators' which convert a winning numbers draw into one or more different tickets, depending on the transformation rule.

so instead of filter the whole list of combination (and comparing the whole list with past winning numbers draws), you'd convert the past winning numbers into package tickets.
some of the rules that you proposed can already be implemented using filters or other features in expert lotto but i can imagine the transformation rules can be more complicated and/or difficult to implement with filters.

i don't think it's reasonable to build a lottery strategy based solely on the transformation rules but it might be a good starting point for additional filtering.

it's possible to implement this in version 5 in a similar way the ticket filtering is implemented but i'd have to create new api and user interface for that (about two weeks works).
please file this as a feature request here: http://www.expertlotto.com/issues
and when i'm done with other, more important features in version 5 (or when a lot of expert lotto users voted for your request), i'll have a look at it.
[/quote]
Gatsby

Postby Gatsby » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:02 am

I think you got it.

Each Winning numbers draw combination will be transformed/converted in a different combination/ticket. This transformation rule would be apliable to last winning draw or all winning past draws, depending on nature of rule (in same cases it can be apliable to all winning tickets, other times only to last draw).

B0ttom line we "would convert past winning ticket(s) into package tickets, from which (my experience following numbers tells me) generally no more than two numbers from each line would be accepted (match 5, 4 and 3 - remove).

Yes, some transformations, though very straight are very hard or even impossible to implement with filters, and besides that, you woudn´t have the conceptual user interface necessary to cope with them. But the principle is very accessible: list of numbers drawn (1 to 50 in my case) and the transformation: 1 (select number transformed) : 1; 2 :2 ... 50:50. This would be the simplest case, one that is maintaining same numbers from previous draw. Then save it to a list of tranformations, ready to apply to last draw, save the file and filter.
More complicated, though logical transformations can be imagined. Ex: Changing 1 with 10; 2 with 12, etc, ect. 1 with 13, 2 with 14, etc, etc. And even establish that differents numbers could be transformed into same number. It´s a matter of creativity´. And it only takes Check boxes next to the list of numbers of your lottery to assume the transformation into another number.

"i don't think it's reasonable to build a lottery strategy based solely on the transformation rules but it might be a good starting point for additional filtering" - Totally agree and this as been my idea from the start.

I suppose the most difficult part it´s to create a adequate interface for the user. That being done it´s a matter of loading transformations, decide if they are to be apllied to all draws, last ten or last one, aplly them all at once, create the package tickets and filter each line in a way that only two numbers from each line of that file are accepted to be picked in next draw. Generally speaking that´s it.

If you find 200 different transformations i don´t know how many tickets would represent, but it seems it would provide a good additional filtering, because it´s a different approach (suppose no one in this forum ever quest for this, but some supportrs my eventually appear, though my best supporter would be you...),

Thanks once again and if you think this is enough i will post it like this is Mantis/Issues.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:40 am

[quote=Gatsby]
More complicated, though logical transformations can be imagined. Ex: Changing 1 with 10; 2 with 12, etc, ect. 1 with 13, 2 with 14, etc, etc. And even establish that differents numbers could be transformed into same number. It´s a matter of creativity´. And it only takes Check boxes next to the list of numbers of your lottery to assume the transformation into another number.
[/quote]
this can be done with version 4.x already - load the past winning numbers into the package, then use 'swap numbers' function.

Thanks once again and if you think this is enough i will post it like this is Mantis/Issues.

please do, but this feature won't be a top priority though. i hope you understand there's still a lot of other important work to finish first.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:47 pm

ok Stan, but understand that "swap numbers function" doesn´t work for this kind of strategie, it´s just haven´t the adequate interface. You can´t not even use it for a compound filter or group filter, you would have to create as many files as transformations, and it doesnt support transformations for the same number.

I will keep insisting in this feature, but understand there other work to be done.

Maybe someone comes forward with some new insights for this, let´s see.

BTW, i send you an excell file, which i think is self explanatory when you explore it, and aks you if you find it interesting or with something worth to implement in EL. It´s about groups creation, but it needs automatization. Please teel me if you find it similar to anything in EL or could be achieve with EL features.
I had to cut it because was too big.

Thanks once again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:34 am

i'm sorry but the excel sheet is too complicated for me. i can't understand what it's about without any description.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:50 am

Sorry Stan, forget it. It was about creating some correspondence between numbers and letters in order to see from which groups new combinations are arising and comparing that between consecutive draws of same year and homologue draws from year to year. Maybe i will develop compound or group filter using "number at positions filter". But still, my deas not quite solid in this respect. Please excuse me for now.

But please attend to this another question: is it possible with actual filters to build a filter in which we use files (txt or csv) to filter in each position?

That is:

File n.1 - "arrays of numbers for position 1"
File n.2 - "arrays of numbers for position 2"
File n.º 5 - "arrays of numbers for position 5"

Objective of filter: Remove (or Leave) combinations that have numbers from each 5 files combined altogether. This way we would only accept combinations that have numbers that come from (for example) f1 to position 1 and from f2 to pos2, but not the ones that have 1 nbr from f1 to pos1, 1 nbr from f2 to pos2, 1 nbr from f3 to pos3, 1 nbr from f4 to pos4 and 1 nbr from f5 to pos5. I think you understand. Of course exact setting would depend.

I understand this can be done with "numbers at position filter", but what i´m trying to ask for here is using several files with several lines that are compared line at line at once.
Does this makes any sense?

Thanks
Gatsby

Postby Falcon » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:20 am

Gatsby,

If I have understood your approach correctly Stan has already developed a very fine file comparison tool using the Perl language. It is independent of EL but once you have the files you wish to compare arranged it absolutely flies through the process and will compare f1 to f2,f3,f4,fn and then it will compare f2 to f3,f4,fn and then f3 to f4,fn etc.

Do a search under Perl in these forums and you will find both the discussion and Stan's down load file. You do also need to download (free) and install on your PC the Perl application but once this is done it is all excellent.

cheers
Falcon

Postby stan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:01 pm

[quote=Gatsby]
Sorry Stan, forget it. It was about creating some correspondence between numbers and letters in order to see from which groups new combinations are arising and comparing that between consecutive draws of same year and homologue draws from year to year. Maybe i will develop compound or group filter using "number at positions filter". But still, my deas not quite solid in this respect. Please excuse me for now.

But please attend to this another question: is it possible with actual filters to build a filter in which we use files (txt or csv) to filter in each position?

That is:

File n.1 - "arrays of numbers for position 1"
File n.2 - "arrays of numbers for position 2"
File n.º 5 - "arrays of numbers for position 5"

Objective of filter: Remove (or Leave) combinations that have numbers from each 5 files combined altogether. This way we would only accept combinations that have numbers that come from (for example) f1 to position 1 and from f2 to pos2, but not the ones that have 1 nbr from f1 to pos1, 1 nbr from f2 to pos2, 1 nbr from f3 to pos3, 1 nbr from f4 to pos4 and 1 nbr from f5 to pos5. I think you understand. Of course exact setting would depend.

I understand this can be done with "numbers at position filter", but what i´m trying to ask for here is using several files with several lines that are compared line at line at once.
Does this makes any sense?

Thanks
[/quote]

why having extra file for each position? there are 49 possible numbers in a x/49 lottery so each file can have 49 numbers at most.
technically it is possible but what is the advantage over the simple 'numbers at positions' filter?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:17 pm

Well, you can check for each position which is the 90% interval for numbers in that position, right, so for p1 would be from nbr 1 to let´s say 26, for nbr 2 from 2 to 37, and so on, then define transformations for the numbers in each of this intervals (using excel), then saving those files and use them to simultaneusly filter all combinations that combine more than 2 or 3 numbers from each of the files in correspondent positions. Off corse this only makes sense if the filter could compare line to line from each file (it would use numbers for filtration numbers in line 1 of f1, numbers in line 2 from f2.....till numbers in line 1 from fn, then the same operation for line 2 from f1, line 2 from f2, etc). If filter compares all at once, there is no advantage and there would be no advantage. I think i´m looking for a filter that apllies several "numbers at position filters at once", but maybe is somewhat redundant or something for you to keep in mind, it may become worth in some other context.

Thanks for your reply and could you indicate me where ´s that perl program Falcon menttionated?

Thanks.
Gatsby

Postby Gatsby » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:19 pm

[quote=Falcon]
Gatsby,

If I have understood your approach correctly Stan has already developed a very fine file comparison tool using the Perl language. It is independent of EL but once you have the files you wish to compare arranged it absolutely flies through the process and will compare f1 to f2,f3,f4,fn and then it will compare f2 to f3,f4,fn and then f3 to f4,fn etc.

Do a search under Perl in these forums and you will find both the discussion and Stan's down load file. You do also need to download (free) and install on your PC the Perl application but once this is done it is all excellent.

cheers
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:41 pm

i see. so it would like a series of individual 'numbers at positions' filters, right?
how many sets of lines would you typically in such a filter? it might be better to improve 'numbers at position' filter by allowing of copy & paste of numbers from excel to the filter window.
or have a function that would take several text files as input and create a complex filter consisting of 'numbers at positions' filters.
or both...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:05 pm

Well, yes. From 20 to 50 lines for each position...copy and past would still take a long time i guess. "have a function that would take several text files as input and create a complex filter consisting of 'numbers at positions' filters" i think it would do the trick ;)

That way, as files would change from week to week it would also be simpler to load files and filter along.

So, hipotetely we have:

5 files with 50 lines, one file for each position
The filter would use same lines from each file and remove combinations/draws that combine more than two, three or four numbers (whatever experience reveals) from each file.

Example:

(allowing variable size composition)

line 1 from f1(file for 1st position): 1,2,5,7,9
line 1 from f2 (file for 2nd position): 4,5,15,17,18
line 1 from f3 (file for 3rd position): 23,24,34,37,40 (her we have one
line 1 from f4 (file for 4th position): 28,30,31,44,45 numbers at
line 1 from f5 (file for 5th position): 28,29,35,46,47 positions filter)

Then the same for

line 2 from f1
line 2 from f2
etc, till same line from each file is done.

In this example a combination like 1,4,23,28,29 would be removed, but
a combination like 2,17, 30,37, 48 would pass. (with a match in 3 remove option)

What do you think? Is there any other way to do it?
Gatsby

Postby stan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:52 am

[quote=Gatsby]
What do you think? Is there any other way to do it?
[/quote]

there's no other way except for manually creating many 'numbers at positions' filters.
please file a new request for the 'positions filter builder' tool if you want it in version 5, thanks
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Plugin Development