Please Joe consider this idea

Please Joe consider this idea

Postby Gatsby » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:02 pm

Permutations

- Create an option called "Generator of permutations (or transformations)" which allow us to generate from the last or from all the other draws new draw combinations;

- Whenever we create a new permutation rule, that "rule" would be appended to a grille of permutations at our disposable, selectable by a ticket box (enable/disabled), and relatively to which we would generate a whole set of new combinations;

- this is a free tool in the way that it leaves to the user the liberty to create an whole set of permutations/tranformatios hw whishes, from the last or all previous draws. The only thing he would have to do is to be able to create and select the type of transformation of the picks that he wants and if that transformation should be apllied to the last draw or to all the preceding draws. After apllying the transformation rule to the last/all previous draws, the result would be saved as a CSV file that can be used as an file filter.

Generator of permutations:

1.st step: enter total number of balls picked in the game (ex: 50 - euromillions)) - this would crate a table with 50 lines, one for each number
2nd. step: define the transformation for each number. Example: 1 permutes with 50 (or putted simply 1 becames 50); 2 permutes with 49; etc.
3rd step: aplly transformation to: last draw, all previous draws
4th step: save the resulting transformations in a csv file;
5th step: ask "Do you want to generate new transformation pattern?"
if yes, continue to define permutations with the option to save in another file or append to the first or other file.

Please give a feedback to this idea as it would save me enormous time.

PS: i´ve found out that by defining some kind of transformation from the last draw, generaly only 1 to 2 numbers (sometimes 3) are picked in the subsequent draw. For this filter to gain some effectiveness you have to define lot´s of transformations but that´s a matter of creativity. You can permute pairs with evens, smalls with bigs, swapp every two, three, ... numbers, etc.

Any question please let me know.
Gatsby

Postby Joe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:54 am

Well Gats, Here is an example: for 6/49 games if the last draw numbers are 3, 15, 16, 33, 35 , 47 and then you want a table which contains the combinations like
4, 16, 17, 34, 36, 48
5, 17, 18, 35, 37, 49
1, 6, 18, 19, 36, 38,
. . .
Hope you want the table like this and transfer done by increment 1, like wise there should be an option to give inc/Dec values by the users, Let me know if I am clear what you exactly want,
Joe

Postby Gatsby » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:37 am

Yes Joe, that is exact and is in fact one of the possible transformations. But the user should be able to define himself and save to a table all the transformations, for all numbers, as he pleases, meaning he´s the one that, number by number, defines that 1 permutes with x, 2 permutes with y, ....., 50 permutes with z..., and saves that permutation rule to a list/table.

This first one could be called as you said "increment by one". So, after creating a serie of transformations that would increasingly be saved to a table of available transformations/permutations (las i said to ike a list of available transformations), he would have the possibility to aplly in a single step (checking all the ticket boxes to enable the transformation - i think should be a enable/disabled ticket box) the selected transformations to the the last or all the previous draws and saving the results in a file filter. Then would be just a matter of using the file filter with the appropriate settings, like filtering all the combinations that have more than 3 numbers in commun.

I think that in structure this is more or less like the list of compound filters that we can aplly in a single step. The important thing is that we have the liberty to define and save to a list/table different transformations.

Well this is the main thing but if you need i send you an e-mail more detailed. Thanks once again and let me say you´re doing a very praisable work for us lotto chasers, that are looking for a way to increase our returns.
Gatsby

Postby Joe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:41 am

Gats, I could understand your ideas, but i need statistical data in Excel sheet for more clear, please prepare a Excel sheet with simple example and tell me whatever you wanna me to do in that filter, this will be clear and make me easy to understand thanks,
Joe

Postby Gatsby » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:45 am

ok joe, i will use a simple example and hope send you today by mail.
Gatsby

Postby Joe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:46 am

[quote=Gatsby]
ok joe, i will use a simple example and hope send you today by mail.[/quote]
well, thanks and awaiting for your mail,
Joe

Postby Gatsby » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:13 am

Hi Joe, as you are on line let me post this:

Let´s consider this two draws:

10.06.2008: 1, 12, 34, 37, 40 + 3, 4
12.06.2008: 5, 7, 21, 22, 35 + 4, 8

If we consider the transformation :

1 transforms to (now I choose): 2
2 transforms to (now I choose): 3
……

This would generate only one combination as you meant “increase by oneâ€￾.

Now let´s consider another transformation:

1 transforms(now I choose): 3
2 transforms (…..) : 4
3 transforms (….): 1

This would change odd´s and evens between themselves and would generate a new combination.

After applying this two transformations to the first draw, we have two transformed combinations:
1) 2, 13, 35, 38, 41
2) 3, 10, 32, 35, 38

And check which of those numbers appear in the 2nd draw, we see that only number 35 appeared in the second draw, so if this two combinations were in the same file filter then we should filter all combinations that match in 5, 4 or 3 numbers.

As you understand i can´t give statistics to this because it depends on the transformations from the last draw. But i can assure you that i have a long list of possible transformations (more or less 50) and past tracking show me that in all of that transformed combinations only 0, 1, 2 and sometimes 3 picks are present in the subsequent draw (this maybe could also be considered in a file allowing "one" of three to pass...).
Gatsby

Postby Gatsby » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:58 am

Hi Joe

I attached a file were i tried to structure better my idea. I understand it is somewhat abstract but i´m sure that being implemented, things will became clearer, as i think this too as something to do with spacial filters.
For example using transformation "increase by one" surely represents a deslocation of numbers in the panel.

Please don´t discard this idea, just for not being very well expressed.

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gatsby

Postby Joe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:22 pm

Gats, I couldn't open the Excel file as the expansion is xlsx, even I couldn't open it after change the expansion to xls, can you repost the file in excel format?
Joe

Postby CARBOB » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:03 pm

[quote=Joe]
Gats, I couldn't open the Excel file as the expansion is xlsx, even I couldn't open it after change the expansion to xls, can you repost the file in excel format?
[/quote]

See if this will work for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CARBOB

Postby Joe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:19 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
[quote=Joe]
Gats, I couldn't open the Excel file as the expansion is xlsx, even I couldn't open it after change the expansion to xls, can you repost the file in excel format?[/quote]See if this will work for you.[/quote] yeah I can open it now Bab, thanks for your help,
Joe

Postby Gatsby » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:44 pm

Yes. I was using excell from Office 2007.
Gatsby

Postby m4rv1n » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:30 am

[quote=Joe]
[/quote]

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
m4rv1n

Postby Joe » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:29 am

[quote=Gatsby]Yes. I was using excell from Office 2007.[/quote] yeah I got it Gats, thanks, let me have some more clarifications with you,
Joe

Postby Joe » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:31 am

[quote=m4rv1n][quote=Joe]Gats, I couldn't open the Excel file as the expansion is xlsx, even I couldn't open it after change the expansion to xls, can you repost the file in excel format?[/quote]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en
[/quote] I got it, thanks for the link :-)
Joe

Next

Return to Plugin Development