Please Joe consider this idea

Postby Gatsby » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:26 am

Ok Joe, let me know.
I´m starting from the assumption that a future draw won´t have the same "form" as the previous one. So, it won´t manage to fulfill to all the picks the same rule of transformation. As i told you may be that one, two, (and sometimes three, but more rarely) numbers are picked. All the combinations with more than this can be discarded. If you furnish the "programming apparatus" you will undoubtely see lot´s of possible transformations/permutations (though it doesn´t have to be a permutation but instead a movement from one number to the other, i.e, in some transformations 1 may be transformed in 3 and 3 in 1, but in other "configurations 1 may turn 3 and 3 in 5) to be applyed. If you gave us this instrument, then looking at the panel you can study movements from one number to another, aplly that rule to all numbers picked in the previous draw, do the transformation, and apply a file filter as refered before. Maybe the difficulty is in understanding how many transformations can be done. I assure i´ve at least 50, so this will give a file with 50 lines of "transformed numbers" from the last draw, that we can use to filter all the combinations on the package that have 3 or more equal/coincident numbers in them.
My difficulty is that doing this by hand i have to apply this transformations to the last draw 50 times and then have to create a file filter with 50 lines with 5 numbers to use in E. L. And i have to do this every week because as you understanded this is a filter that depends on the previous draw (it can be apllied to all previous draw, but in this case we should filter only combinations that are coincident only at 4 and 5 numbers).

Hope this can shed some light in the idea i presented.

Just let me know whatever you need to know better to develop this tool, and if it is possible. Though i haven´t seen all posts in E.L i think this is an unexplored possibility, that has some strenght in it. If Stan is listening maybe he too can have some insight in here.

Thanks once again

Gats.
Gatsby

Postby Gatsby » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:16 pm

Hi Joe,

Here is the simple excell file i use to track the occurrence of "transformed" numbers in teh next draw. I had to cut it because was too big, so only apperas 10 rules of transformation. the first one is maintaining the same numbers from the previous draw.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gatsby

Postby Joe » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:16 pm

Gats, the file is empty, I didnt see any data there, please check,
Joe

Postby Gatsby » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:09 am

yes Joe, i think you have to click on the pages on the left side of the page that appears first when you open the file, to see the rest of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gatsby

Postby Joe » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:45 am

[quote=Gatsby]
yes Joe, i think you have to click on the pages on the left side of the page that appears first when you open the file, to see the rest of them.
[/quote] yes I got it Gats, Sorry I didnt check that, now its ok, thanks
Joe

Postby m4rv1n » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:52 am

[quote=Joe:1213842680]
[quote=m4rv1n][quote=Joe]Gats, I couldn't open the Excel file as the expansion is xlsx, even I couldn't open it after change the expansion to xls, can you repost the file in excel format?[/quote]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en
[/quote] I got it, thanks for the link :-)
[/quote]

No problemo, amigo ;)
but I playing 7/xx game, and I can't use your excellent filters :(
why not use lottery settings to select how many numbers are drawn, like stan's filters?
m4rv1n

Postby stan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:54 pm

[quote=m4rv1n]
but I playing 7/xx game, and I can't use your excellent filters :(
why not use lottery settings to select how many numbers are drawn, like stan's filters?
[/quote]

because it's usually much more work to code user interface with variable number of controls:)

a hint for joe - a simple and easy solution might be providing controls (e.g. checkboxes) for up to e.g. 10/xx lottery and then disable the last four of them when 6/xx lottery is selected. this way the user won't be able to enter invalid values and break filter logic.
let me know if you have problems finding out the count of ticket numbers in expert lotto's api...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:18 am

[quote=stan:1214222043]a hint for joe - a simple and easy solution might be providing controls (e.g. checkboxes) for up to e.g. 10/xx lottery and then disable the last four of them when 6/xx lottery is selected. this way the user won't be able to enter invalid values and break filter logic.
let me know if you have problems finding out the count of ticket numbers in expert lotto's api...[/quote] yeah. let me try this stan, i need your help for fixing bugs for this problem,
Joe

Postby Gatsby » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:58 am

Hi Joe,

Are you already working in a plugin based on what i suggested?
I sincerilly do not understand by the last posts, but if you are, thas´s just great.

cumpliments,

Gats.
Gatsby

Postby Joe » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:28 am

[quote=Gatsby:1214474289]
I sincerilly do not understand by the last posts, but if you are, thas´s just great.[/quote] not yet gats, let me have some more time before that i have to finish some more plug-ins, please excuse
Joe

Postby stan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:28 am

[quote=Joe]
[quote=Gatsby:1214474289]
I sincerilly do not understand by the last posts, but if you are, thas´s just great.[/quote] not yet gats, let me have some more time before that i have to finish some more plug-ins, please excuse
[/quote]

joe, i think you should start charging some money for your plugins:) - you spent tremendous amount of effort on them...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:28 am

Thanks again Joe.
And yes i wouldn´t mind paying, though it might be in the interest of everyone. E.L is indeed unique and it never seems to be improved with new aproaches.
I just was looking to see if my idea is valid and if more information is needed to concretize it.
Gatsby

Postby Joe » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:51 pm

Gats, use my two new filters "Match Movements and Distance with latest Result" and i think it will some what help you what you expect in permutation of latest winning numbers, if not let me know I will have time for you, coz I didn't do any filter as you requested me, I will try to do that for you, please don't mistake me gats,
Joe

Postby Gatsby » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:09 pm

Hi Joe,
Thanks fore remembering me, for sure i will try it but i´m kind of busy with my work and i´m learnig to dive too and having some drum lessons, soo i don´t have much free time right now. But i didn´t forget EL and your excelent contributions to it. An application like i told you, even as a program outside EL that would generate that transformations to be saved in an file, to be used after as a cvs file filter in EL would be very welcome. Once again thanks and very much appreciated for your thought and consideration,

Gats.
Gatsby

Postby Joe » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:12 pm

[quote=Gatsby]An application like i told you, even as a program outside EL that would generate that transformations to be saved in an file, to be used after as a cvs file filter in EL would be very welcome.[/quote]yeah I get it gats, let me have time, thanks
Joe

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Development