And also

And also

Postby Falcon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:10 am

Hi Joe,

Over in the Unpredictable Jackpot thread Jerzy proposed a filtering technique
The prefiltering that I use includes removing the last drawing WNH differences in columns and their "mirror image". It means, for example, if the last draw WNH difference in a column was +7, I will remove the difference +7 and -7 in that column. This way I remove the last draw differences for the next draw in all columns. It is almost always correct.

This is achieved by observing and noting the Difference value for each column in the Differences Summary Table and then removing these individual values and their mirror image in the WNH Hit and skip Differences Statistics table. I have found this to be a powerful filter but takes an age to complete doing each column both Pos and Neg and waiting for the filtering process to complete.

I was wondering (hoping) therefore Joe, that you might be able to prepare a plugin filter that would complete the process in one pass for all columns. ie For all Pos values and then for all Neg values.

Much appreciated if you could.

thanks

falcon

PS Happy for you to call this the Jerzy Filter. :red:
Falcon

Postby Joe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:33 am

FalCon, this could be nice as you said, but I didnt read his post explaining about this in detail (might I forgot), please give me the link that leads to this topic, and will discuss with jerzy, and let me see how possibly implement this filter, thanks
Joe

Postby Falcon » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:48 am

Joe,

Sorry, I can't automatically take you there - it is in the Jackpot forum under the Unpredictable Jackpot thread and is really no more than a brief post by Jerzy where he refers to this technique in respect of some generic filtering.

It is a very simple filter to do ie say Col 0 has for its most recent difference value -7 you go to Statistics >> WNH Hit & Skip Differences select Negative highlight the value 7 and filter it out. You then do the mirror of it by selecting Positive highlight value 7 and filter it out. It is simple to do but takes ages to run the eleven columns twice for Pos and Neg. In fact if you wish to use this filter a bit more aggressively you can select the last two values of difference and use those in the filter ie you are expecting that upon the next draw there will be no repeat of the immediate past two (or single) difference values. This is almost always the case and that is why this filter is so powerful particularly when used over 11 columns.

In Padawan's notes in the Resources section of this site he refers to it but takes it further where he suggests removing all of those values in Hit & Skip Differences that are N/A. To try to do this in this filter might be extending it a bit I think, but then you guys are pretty good at this stuff. If you are able to do something I would prefer the N/A's be left until later as I am not sure of the accuracy of the filter used this way.

many thanks

falcon
Falcon

Postby Joe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:52 am

ok, let me see this, thanks
Joe

Postby Jerzy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Joe,

On 30/04/2008 under the Unpredictable Jackpot I mentioned that it is possible to remove the last draw differences and/or their mirror values from each column. The repeats of the last draw differences in the same columns or their mirror values are rare. This is based on the observation of the Australian Saturday Lotto (6/45). In games where there is a smaller pool of numbers (eg 5/39) probably the repeats of differences in the same columns are more frequent. And you can see how it is in the Indian 6/49 lotto.

To remove these differences and/or their mirror values (eg +3 and -3) it is necessary to use WNH Hit & Skip Differences filter, Remove setting for each column separately. Using Leave is less specific and causes an error (you select some negative differences, click Leave and the filter removes the unselected negative differences and all positive differences which should be left in).

I support Falcon's idea of implementing a version of differences filter, designed only for removing the last and previous draw differences and their mirror images in all columns at the same time. But it would be good if the user could decide which differences or how many of them should be filtered out.

Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Joe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:13 pm

[quote=Jerzy]
I support Falcon's idea of implementing a version of differences filter, designed only for removing the last and previous draw differences and their mirror images in all columns at the same time. But it would be good if the user could decide which differences or how many of them should be filtered out.[/quote] Jerzy~ is this not possible by using WNH-> Sum filter?, There you can able to select the differences in columns and set to remove?.
Joe

Postby Jerzy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:52 pm

Joe,

Yes, it is possible and we do it that way. The only problem is that it takes a lot of time when each column is filtered separately. And each column needs to be filtered at least twice, to remove the negative and positive difference (they cannot be removed together). The filtering time is long, particularly for large packages. I know, you would recommend prefiltering the package with the fast filters, but you still cannot remove single negative and positive differences at the same time.

I understand that Falcon is looking for a filter dedicated to removing the last (and possibly the previous ) differences in all columns at the same time together with their corresponding mirror values. If the last draw difference is positive, the mirror value will be negative, and viceversa.

Such filter would result in a significant time saving during preparation of tickets for the next draw. However, the result of filtering would be the same as with currently available filter.

Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Joe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:10 pm

well, please explain with your one winning results, and let me know how exact setting you need in that filter, I can give a try on this, thanks
Joe

Postby Jerzy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:02 am

Joe,

It takes more than one filter to prepare tickets for the next draw. The new filter would save time, but would not work miracles for us.

If I had a jackpot ticket as a result of using my filtering method, probably you would take notice of that.

And I will not try to explain once more the simple concepts that I have already explained.

Falcon asked for this filter and I agree with him that it would save a lot of time when we are preparing the tickets for the next draw.

Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Falcon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:45 am

Joe,

Have attached some pics.

This filter depends entirely on the fact that the difference values occurring at the last draw are unlikely to occur at the next draw. On observation I reckon it fails at less than 1 in 100 - that's the risk with it.

falcon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Falcon

Postby Falcon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:46 am

And

As Jerzy has mentioned one needs to perform this filter function 22 times to complete a full line of differences both Neg and Pos. Tedious and much time taken to complete. This if a plugin filter could take all col values and have a toggle between pos and neg would be very efficient.

falcon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Falcon

Return to Plugin Development