Lotto Drawing Machine Opinion

Lotto Drawing Machine Opinion

Postby Alcymart » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:24 am

Hi Everyone,

I was looking online for months for a random number generator but that doesn't use seeds... thats right, a real virtual drawing machine without the need for seeding. Well, I never found one so I created one just today for the heck and it works and is as random as the real drawing machines out there.

I would appreciate your opinions on if you think I'm on the right track for something revolutionary in rng's as the version I created only has 10 balls to mix up and some bugs but nothing too serious. Those who will try it out, Yes, I know sometimes a ball gets stuck, but how about the concept of using no seeds! I found it great

Its freeware of course and perhaps a much better version with more balls if some of you see a usefullness in this kind of rng... Along the lines of an eventual plug-in for EL without seeding. Any usefullness you think? In my opinion, this would be as good as a real drawing machine if I add paddles , blower etc....and hide everything in an EL plugin you see? For now, balls get mixed by touching the edge of the very slightly shaking barrel and and are deflected at random. I haven't got the balls to deflect off each other but working on it... so yes, I knew about it... but you can get the balls to draw faster, it doesn't affect the outcome, its just that the room is faster.

I just compiled this a few minutes ago...The file is the executable itself and just double click to start it up... no install required...you can download it here if you want to try it and give your opinion on my pre alpha version of my simple drawing machine. I'm just a newbie in programming so don't be too hard on me.

http://www.home-business-affiliate.com/ ... tterie.exe

This one is a 6/10+Bonus...lol but hey its my first try at this...
Alcymart

Postby Da80th » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:51 am

hi Alcymart,

I tested run for about 8 times so far and I see #10 came in every draw? I may be wrong but it seem that way. I will test more and let you know.

Da80th
Da80th

Postby Alcymart » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:53 am

try it again, its random here...Once balls have started falling, flip it on Extreme speed for faster results...
Alcymart

Postby Alcymart » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:01 am

by the way the idea of putting only 10 balls was so all can see how random it still remains... of course, when I'll drop 49 balls, it will be harder to see, actually impossible. since there are only 10 numbers and 7 slots to fill, numbers will be redrawn often but look at the order they come out instead.
Alcymart

Postby Da80th » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:26 am

Alcymart,

can you make one for pick 3 and pick 4 type of lotto, where each digit can be drawn more than once. Would be interesting to see how close your program come with the real numbers drawn from state lotteries.

Another option you may consider is to allow the user select the program to run ten consecutive times and keep record for each set of number drawn, this way you can see how often each number repeats or occurs in ten drawn.

Thanks for the fun little program. And glad you take up programming.

Good lucks,

Da80th
Da80th

Postby Falcon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:23 am

Hi Alcymart

Neat and clever well done.

Could I suggest the user define the number of balls to play with, instead of some fixed value, and

once the desired number of balls fallen it would auto stop, and

the Stop button doesn't close out the program but just stops it running.

falcon
Falcon

Postby Alcymart » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:39 pm

defining the number of balls is a great idea.. the autostop is already programmed in this case, it stops at 7 balls... as for the Stop button, my idea was that once pressed, all balls would suddenly lose all gravity and all drop but I had some issues with implementing that so I just got it to shut the program basically for now.

And to answerr Da80th... yes 3 and 4 pick just requires 3 or 4 machines side by side with numbers 0 to 9 simply... ( a lot of work to implement)... I'll first finish the 6/49 machine, and will work on balls to rebound against each other.

1 single machine for pick 3 and 4, I have no idea how the machine could work quite frankly.
Alcymart

Return to Plugin Development