dev build 130118

Re: dev build 130118

Postby stan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:50 pm

spf302 wrote:Stan I've downloaded a new dev archive, updated EL but suddenly el crashed. I think it was a stack exchange error (I quickly restarted by mistake without getting the log file).

In EL I have 3 lotteries, Euromillions, Tzoker, and Bono lotto. I am currently working with Tzoker, for some reason though, when I restarted after the error above, in the filters list I get a few errors - an empty folder named Pusha, and the Powerballs at Positions filter which is disabled. The Powerballs at Positions is a Euromillions filter though for some reason it loaded while the Tzoker lottery is loaded.

I am emailing you the LOG file.

The log file looks fine, there are no errors in it.
Right-click in the Filters window and choose 'Select all filters' (to toggle that menu item off) and then you'll see just filters that apply to your current lottery as before.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Da80th » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:51 pm

stan wrote:
And also reinstall any extra plugins you may have...

that's going to be lot of plugins to install, let me find other tricks to get around this. thanks

Da80th
Da80th

Postby Da80th » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:03 am

hi Stan,

this error (no evening draws) also effecting the full version too. this only happened to new lottery I created today with both midday and evening draws, but when I imported draws only midday draws are accepted, the lotteries I created before yesterday working just fine, both draws are listed.
Da80th

Postby stan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:08 am

Da80th wrote:hi Stan,

this error (no evening draws) also effecting the full version too. this only happened to new lottery I created today with both midday and evening draws, but when I imported draws only midday draws are accepted, the lotteries I created before yesterday working just fine, both draws are listed.

Did you create a new lottery setup or did you pick the lottery from the list of lotteries shipped with the application?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby spf302 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:10 am

The log file looks fine, there are no errors in it.
Right-click in the Filters window and choose 'Select all filters' (to toggle that menu item off) and then you'll see just filters that apply to your current lottery as before.

I've restarted and everything looks fine. I'll let you know if it occurs again.

Regards
spf302

Postby stan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:11 am

Da80th wrote:
stan wrote:
And also reinstall any extra plugins you may have...

that's going to be lot of plugins to install, let me find other tricks to get around this. thanks

Da80th

Quit Expert Lotto and go to c:\users\<your user name>\appdata\roaming\.expertlotto
There should be folder 'devx' which contains settings from the old dev build and 'devel' which holds settings for the new dev build.
Try copying these folders from devx to devel:
config\Modules
modules
update_tracking

If it fails, just remove 'devel' folder and restart the dev build.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby spf302 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:29 am

Stan I encountered the error again. I am emailing you the app log. I don't know if this is related to the error but...upon starting up EL, all filters are collapsed.

When right-clicking and selecting the Show All Filters option, then the Pusha folder appears as well as the Powerballs at Positions. When deselecting the Show all filters, the Pusha folder disappears and the Powerball at Positions also. If I repeat the process I get the same result.

I am emailing all the files now.
spf302

Postby stan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:42 am

spf302 wrote:Stan I encountered the error again. I am emailing you the app log. I don't know if this is related to the error but...upon starting up EL, all filters are collapsed.

I'll fix that in the next app update

When right-clicking and selecting the Show All Filters option, then the Pusha folder appears as well as the Powerballs at Positions. When deselecting the Show all filters, the Pusha folder disappears and the Powerball at Positions also. If I repeat the process I get the same result.

That's correct and expected behavior. Not all filters can be applied to current lottery, 'Show all filter's makes such filters visible.

I am emailing all the files now.

I'll analyze the log and get back to you. The problem seems to be related to copy/paste of filters in Complex Filter window.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Da80th » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:44 am

stan wrote:

Did you create a new lottery setup or did you pick the lottery from the list of lotteries shipped with the application?

this error only happened to new lotteries I just created today, and notice there were no evening draws even after I imported both midday and evening draws correctly.

Da80th
Da80th

Postby Da80th » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:21 am

hi Stan,

I found the error, when you import winning numbers and at the step where you select either Midday or Evening, the Midday will become evening draws, and Evening will become midday draw....it opposite than what you selected. Weird error.

Da80th
Da80th

Postby spf302 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:58 am

Stan I think you are right. The error is most likely related to copy/paste in a complex filter.

At the time of the error, I copied and pasted a folder group (which contained one filter). As soon I tried to select the copied folder group, the error appeared. I think I can replicate the error, but not always.
spf302

Postby stan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:41 pm

I found the error, when you import winning numbers and at the step where you select either Midday or Evening, the Midday will become evening draws, and Evening will become midday draw....it opposite than what you selected. Weird error.

Da80th

So there's a problem when importing past winning numbers from a text file, right? Please email some screen shots showing the import wizard screen so that I can reproduce the bug, thanks.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:13 pm

spf302 wrote:Stan I think you are right. The error is most likely related to copy/paste in a complex filter.

At the time of the error, I copied and pasted a folder group (which contained one filter). As soon I tried to select the copied folder group, the error appeared. I think I can replicate the error, but not always.

I found the bug and I'll post a new app update soon.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Da80th » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:26 pm

stan wrote:So there's a problem when importing past winning numbers from a text file, right? Please email some screen shots showing the import wizard screen so that I can reproduce the bug, thanks.

when import pass draws, where at step to select either Midday or Evening draw, this is where you must select Evening for midday draws, and Midday for evening draw. This error also effecting the full version as well.

Da80th
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Da80th

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:20 pm

stan wrote:
spf302 wrote:Stan my dev version turned for some reason to a normal and unregistered version.. This happened after the latest bulk updates. I'll re-install the dev version but just wanted to let you know in case there's a mix up between the normal and dev update files.

Yes, unfortunately one of previous updates added 'release' update center to dev builds. But it's fixed now so just download dev build ZIP archive again, activate your license key and it will work just fine. But at the moment there's the same set of features in the dev build as in the latest release.

After I downloaded the new TimMac Pattern Hunter Filter my Dev went to a full ver. I followed the steps you listed and downloaded the DEV ver again and my Lic won't work.

Thanks
Padawan
PadawanLotto

PreviousNext

Return to Development versions