Dev build 130624

Re: Dev build 130624

Postby stan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Jerzy wrote:Is it possible for you to add a possibility of selecting/deselecting any full column of checkboxes with one or two clicks? It means deselecting all checkboxes for decrease, or no change, or increase. The possibility of selecting/deselecting single checkboxes should be still available.

Yes, I'll fix that in the next app update.
Just let me know if there are any other places in the application where multiple ticks/unticks aren't working.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby motiram » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:32 pm

Hello Jerzy,

I heartily appreciate your help. I tried with 6/49 (Demo Lottery) using toggle cut-off draw date with 2010/27/dom 2nd and tried for next draw as per my statistics with D’s = 3 and I’s = 8 using 11 levels.

Step 1, I reduced with selecting all check box in decrease and using the setting "At least 3 to 3 levels must pass'', doing this it remains 2,619,961 combinations in the package. And jackpot ticket 16-18-22-23-28-29 was there.

And after I did as you explained with 4 cases, use the setting "At least 8 to 8 levels must pass'',

Case1 = reduced nothing remain same numbers of combinations 2,619,961
Case2 = reduced to 1,964,430 combinations.
Case3 = reduced to 906,510 combinations.
Case4 = reduced to 1,085,092 combinations.

And with all 4 cases JACKPOT ticket was there.

Jerzy, it is very nice of you for giving your time and explaining very nicely.
Now I do not need to have two new filters. These filters do the job, as I required

And please whenever you get time as you said:
Work with more than 11 levels and see how these filters are powerful. Obviously you need to prepare the statistics. If you are interested in it, I can tell you how to prepare statistics quickly and reliably using EL and a piece of paper.

I am very much interested to learn from you how to prepare the statistics.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Thanks And Regards.
Moti
motiram

Postby motiram » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:58 am

Hello Stan,

Some time small problem seems big, Jerzy did explained very well, working with 2 cases Decrease & Increase If D’s = 3 And I’s = 8 and using 11 Levels, with existing sum movement filter, it is so simple if you just select all the boxes
Of decrease and use the setting "At least 3 to 3 levels must pass'' it mean 8 Increase level are selected automatically. So for we do not need to reduce them, now it seems so simple to use it.

Stan, so for there is no need have two new filters unnecessarily, with existing filters we could do the job with more flexibility

Now Stan, I have one another request, in the Package and Winning Numbers, can you add that the, sum and differences information which, may possibly to shows ( D- Nc- I ) in the properties as shown below?

Thanks And Regards,
Moti
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
motiram

Postby Jerzy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:07 pm

Stan,

Apart from adding a feature of easy deselecting/selecting full columns of checkboxes in Sum Movement and Differences Movement filters, you can do the same for Odd/Even History Sum filter.

And could you change the lowest possible setting in Sum Movement, Differences Movement and Match Numbers at Intervals filters from "At least 0 to 1 levels must pass" to At least 0 to 0 levels must pass and in Segment Differences filter change Match Count from "min.: 0 to max.: 1" to min.: 0 to max.: 0.

There are situations where the setting 0 to 0 is necessary and 0 to 1 is clearly inappropriate. For example:

Sums Movement filter:
Levels used: 0 to 5
1 latest draw as a reference
Only no change boxes are selected
Most appropriate setting would be at least 0 to 0 levels must pass, Accept, but it is not available.

I have to filter at least 0 to 1 levels must pass, Accept, and after that at least 1 to 1 levels must pass, Reject. Finally I achieve what I want, but I would like to keep it simple.

The same changes of " At least " setting are probably indicated (even though are not as important or so obvious) for the following filters:

1. Segment Patterns
2. Number Differences Patterns
3. History Sums
4. History Sum Ranges
5. Number Differences Sum Patterns
6. Number Differences Sum
7. Sums History
8. Segments

Best Regards
Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby stan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Jerzy wrote:Most appropriate setting would be at least 0 to 0 levels must pass, Accept, but it is not available.

That's equal to '1 to 11 levels must pass, matching tickets reject'
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:05 am

Moti,

You were interested in it.

To prepare statistics for a new filters in the development version I test this filter with 25 - 50 latest drawing results. Each time I insert only one winning ticket into the package, I open the filter, and I am changing the value of 'at least x to y levels must pass' and clicking on Preview after each change. I repeat this until I find the setting which accepts the ticket. The setting like 3 to 3 or 4 to 4 or 5 to 5. The setting like 0 to 6 will also accept the ticket but is not specific enough. Value of x must be equal to value of y. In the left lower filter's corner you will see: Total 1, Accepted 1.

I repeat this test with next winning tickets and I take notes.
Jerzy

Postby motiram » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:30 am

Thank you Jerzy, I imagine you are a advance user of the Expert Lotto you know all about this platform, since last 3 hours I am trying to understand how to do the test as you have explained, but I could not find the way.

Please could you help me in detail with step by step, how I have to do and where I have to go to do this test?

For example: I want to do study about filter Sum Movement. And hope the same method would be applied to all filters.

I appreciate you help

Regards,
Moti
motiram

Postby Jerzy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:32 pm

Moti,

Do the following:

1. Remove all tickets from the Package, it must be empty.

2. Open the Winning Numbers Table to see the latest winning combination.

3. Go to Package --> Insert --> Tickets and insert this number combination into the Package (enter the winning numbers into the panel, click Add, click Insert).

4. Go to the Winning Numbers Manager --> Edit, and hide the latest drawing result that you inserted into the Package a moment ago. Click Save. The draw will disappear from the Winning Numbers Table.

5. Select the range of levels that you want to use for testing the filter. E.g. levels 0 - 5, or 0 - 10 , or any range of levels that your game history can support.

Now you have 1 ticket in the package and you are ready to test the filter in the selected range of levels.

6. Open the filter you want to test, for example Sums Movement filter. Because of three columns of checkboxes that it has, you have to test this filter at least 2 times: for D, Nc and I. If you have 2 values you can calculate the third one. For example, there are 11 levels and D + I = 10, so Nc must be 1. You may also want to calculate values for D + Nc and Nc + I.

7. When the filter is opened select the right number of latest draws (in the filter interface). I prefer to test the filter against 1 latest draw (default is 10).

8. Deselect/Select appropriate columns of checkboxes.

9. Use spin buttons to change or adjust the count of levels that must pass for your selected sum movement. You may need to do it several times.

10. After each adjustment of spin buttons click on Preview, to see whether this new setting accepts the ticket that you have in the package. There is only one ticket, so there could be only one specific number of levels that must pass to accept this ticket.

11. When the setting is right and your ticket accepted you will see in the left lower corner of the filter interface: Accepted 1, Total 1.

12. A full range of possible levels, e.g. 0 to 10 will accept your ticket, but you have to narrow it down to one specific value, e.g. 3 to 3, or 4 to 4, or 5 to 5, and so on. It means that both spin buttons should show the same value.

13. Write down the result in your notes.

14. Repeat the test for other directions of movement and other winning combinations.

15. Prepare a good statistical table to keep your data well organised.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:59 pm

motiram wrote:Now Stan, I have one another request, in the Package and Winning Numbers, can you add that the, sum and differences information which, may possibly to shows ( D- Nc- I ) in the properties as shown below?

Ok, no problem
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby motiram » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:06 pm

Jerzy, I am grateful to you for spending your precious time and clearing up in the most excellent way, step by step.

I have to start practise and come up with fine statistics result with my lottery.

Thank you once again for your kind help.

Regards,
Moti
motiram

Postby motiram » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:13 pm

stan wrote:Ok, no problem

Thank you Stan, I will look forward for it.

Regards,
Moti
motiram

Postby stan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:26 pm

stan wrote:
Jerzy wrote:Is it possible for you to add a possibility of selecting/deselecting any full column of checkboxes with one or two clicks? It means deselecting all checkboxes for decrease, or no change, or increase. The possibility of selecting/deselecting single checkboxes should be still available.

Yes, I'll fix that in the next app update.
Just let me know if there are any other places in the application where multiple ticks/unticks aren't working.

I just realized this is working already - select several table rows with your mouse (or all rows using Ctrl+A keyboard shortcut) and then tick/untick any checkbox in any selected row - all other selected rows will change their values the same way.
This works in all other application windows where a table has column(s) with checkboxes. If it doesn't please report it to me as a bug.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Stan,

Thank you for this important information. And I confirm that Ctrl + A shortcut is working in the Sums Movement, Differences Movement and Odd/Even History Sums filters.
Jerzy

Postby motiram » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:41 pm

motiram wrote:Now Stan, I have one another request, in the Package and Winning Numbers, can you add that the, sum and differences information which, may possibly to shows ( D- Nc- I ) in the properties as shown below?
stan wrote:Ok, no problem
motiram wrote:I will look forward for it.

Thank you very much Stan, Adding pattern stats for History Sum Movement And History Difference Movement Filters in the Proprieties Columns. I am quite sure this is great help to work with these filters.

I appreciate you help.

Thanks And Regards,
Moti
motiram

Previous

Return to Development versions